Options

Passed Network + today!

del04del04 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
790/900

I am soo excitedicon_cheers.gif!!!!
I studied the n10-003 objectives but was told tht i have to do the n10-004. although there is not much of a difference. i did see some things on there that i have never seen b4. nevertheless, I PASSED! could've done better if i had studied the 2009 objectives instead. This forum helped a great deal!

Next on my list is probably MCSE since i'm intersetd in network administration!!
Any other suggestions?????

Comments

• Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    del04 wrote: »
    790/900

I am soo excitedicon_cheers.gif!!!!
    I studied the n10-003 objectives but was told tht i have to do the n10-004. although there is not much of a difference. i did see some things on there that i have never seen b4. nevertheless, I PASSED! could've done better if i had studied the 2009 objectives instead. This forum helped a great deal!

Next on my list is probably MCSE since i'm intersetd in network administration!!
    Any other suggestions?????

Yes, take the MCITP:EA path instead of the MCSE. It appears that they will be dropping the MCSE this year.

Congratz! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    bubble2005bubble2005 Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am happy for you. icon_cheers.gif You did well. Congrats.
    Think Big Stay Focus: In the midst of all situations, think positive.:thumbup:
  • Options
    bubble2005bubble2005 Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes, take the MCITP:EA path instead of the MCSE. It appears that they will be dropping the MCSE this year.

Congratz! icon_thumright.gif

Really Veritas? Can you send me a link so that I can read please? Thanks. I guess I'll only do the MCSA instead.
    Think Big Stay Focus: In the midst of all situations, think positive.:thumbup:
  • Options
    oh ok thanks for the input!!! i will definately look into that further. and are they really dropping the mcse??
  • Options
    bubble2005 wrote: »
    I am happy for you. icon_cheers.gif You did well. Congrats.

Thanks craig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    bubble2005 wrote: »
    Really Veritas? Can you send me a link so that I can read please? Thanks. I guess I'll only do the MCSA instead.

Rumor on TE is that it suppose to be retired by the end of the year. I would finish the MCSA and see where it's at that point.
  • Options
    riverhong2010riverhong2010 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Rumor on TE is that it suppose to be retired by the end of the year. I would finish the MCSA and see where it's at that point.
    There has been a lot of back and forth about CL in this thread. I too am a member, at Heron Point, I'm 25 so I'm on my last year of Intermediate before I move to Intermediate+. It has been a great deal so far and I will continue to be a member until I really can't even come close to justifying it.
  • Options
    AzretAzret Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    del04 wrote: »
    oh ok thanks for the input!!! i will definately look into that further. and are they really dropping the mcse??

First off congrats, I am expecting to take the Network+ in March.

As for the MCSE, yes I have read all over that they are expecting to replace this with MCITP this year. All over the MS page everything is geared towards the MCITP.
    Have you tried turning it off and on again? :bs:
  • Options
    mpflaniganmpflanigan Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    ipconfig.allipconfig.all Banned Posts: 428
  • Options
    Thanks guys.
    btw, i have decided to go for the ccna. i'm currently studying the 640- 802 exam (one route). I'll keep you guys posted
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congratulations on the pass.

CCNA should be a relatively easy transition from Network+. I know some CCNA tracks at colleges actually include the Network+ certification. A lot of people pursue Security+ after Network+, since that also provides a logical transition.

On the MCSE/MCITP....

MCSA/MCSE are both for Server 2003 and will stay as long as the Server 2003 products are being used and supported -generally that's about three years after the products are discontinued.

MCTIP (Server Administrator and Enterprise Adminstrator) are both for Server 2008 and will eventually replace MCSA and MCSE though they aren't directly related. You can loosely compare MCSA to MCITP SA and MCSE to MCITP EA for a general idea of the 2008 certs, though they aren't a direct match. Overall, the popularity of the MCITP certifications are picking up.

This page shows that Windows Server 2003 is close to the end of its lifecycle: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/lifecycle.mspx.
    A lot of companies are still using Windows Server 2003 but with the success of Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 adoptions are starting to pick up.

Good luck on the CCNA.

Darril Gibson
    Author: CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead
    ISBN-10: 1439236364
    Security+ blog