Options

packet tracer and troubleshooting labs

jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
Hey

Does anyone know of a site where I can download packet tracer labs that are broken so I can try and troubleshoot them??

Could that be something we do here if there aren't any sites that have those types of files?
Booya!!
WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
*****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****

Comments

• Options
    jjbrogjjbrog Member Posts: 149
    Ive been thinking the same thing myself. Would be useful for those of us with packet tracer. Theres also a way you can block direct access to the router and also prevent the screen that shows the interfaces and ip addresses from coming up(I think anyway) so you can force people to troubleshoot via cdp and telnet. Maybe even put everything in a cloud and block access so you have no idea what the network looks like and have to map it out yourself.

That would be some hardcore troubleshooting right there, and usefull as well.
    Started a forum for networking students, its new and needs people!
    http://netadminstudents.zxq.net/phpBB3/
    HTC students encouraged to join :)
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I am sure some people here can generate some broken PT files for you icon_twisted.gif
  • Options
    Really making them wouldn't be all too difficult, its just a matter of deciding what you wanna do, how you wanna build your network, then think of creative/interesting ways to screw it up.
  • Options
    It would be awsome if someone with some good experience with packet tracer to make these types of files. I'm not soo great with packet tracer myself.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    Thats kinda what I'm going to try to do, you can do more with packet tracer than one would think at first glance. Its not a emulator, but if it was to ever emulate the real ios it would be perfect.

You can do a lot of neat things if you want to make a trouble shooting lab, block certain things. Like you can make a topology where one could only be allowed to access one router, put everything else into a cluster, block access to the cluster, so all you know about and have direct access to is one router, and (wile only knowing the vty and enable sec/pass) have to run sh cdp commands and telnet so figure out the rest of the network. Of course, someone else would have to make the network, but you can make pretty good challenges to students, or study partners.

I think the program is great, of course real equipment is a must, but you can't make a 4 area ospf 50 router uber network in a lab environment.
  • Options
    I'll have to read more on packet tracer. I think I'm pretty close to taking the ICND1 and I've been doing labs on just what I already know. I guess I could just make broken labs and then come back to them a few weeks later and try to fix them.
    Booya!!