Options

Todd Lammle CCNA Video Training

BaaaruuuceBaaaruuuce Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Tis been a while friends,

I am thinking about buy the 14 Module Set from Online CCNA Training, Online Video & Audio Courses by Todd Lammle. I wondered if anyone had any opinions on this. His books are pretty good, but I just don't have the time to go to a boot-camp due to my work schedule.

$500 is the price they are selling for at the moment. You can also get an audio cd from there, wondered about that too since I have a 4 hr drive round trip to work.

Let me know your opinions, insults, or what ever else! icon_arrow.gif
Excuses are not excuses, unless it's me that needs one:bow:

Comments

• Options
    toddlammletoddlammle Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Baaaruuuce wrote: »
    Tis been a while friends,

I am thinking about buy the 14 Module Set from Online CCNA Training, Online Video & Audio Courses by Todd Lammle. I wondered if anyone had any opinions on this. His books are pretty good, but I just don't have the time to go to a boot-camp due to my work schedule.

$500 is the price they are selling for at the moment. You can also get an audio cd from there, wondered about that too since I have a 4 hr drive round trip to work.

Let me know your opinions, insults, or what ever else! icon_arrow.gif

Hello, I have a high quality video and audio series for the latest CCNA at lammlepress.com. I spent a lot of time - too much time! - on the series, and I think the editors and producers did a fantastic job.
    If you buy them and don't like them, write to me via this forum or todd@lammle.com, and I'll send you your money back personally.
    I really think you will not be disapointed. Although I wrote them with my Cisco Sybex Study Guide in hand, and I recommend that as your source of study as you go through the audio and video, it is not a requirement.
    Please let me know if you have any questions.
    Cheers!
    Todd Lammle
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    wow first Laura and now Todd, I love this place.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    Dilbert65Dilbert65 Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used Trainsignal and found it to be great. They give you dvd's with AVI. WMV,MP3,IPOD Video abd pdf notes to go along with it. Plus it comes with a test exam engine from Transcender. $397 which saves you $100 bucks.

Cisco CCNA Training, CCNA 640-802 Exam, CCNA Certification | Train Signal
  • Options
    toddlammletoddlammle Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    TheShadow wrote: »
    wow first Laura and now Todd, I love this place.

I just happen to run across your question through a google search, which I do every once in a while to see what's going on.
    Let me know how else I can help.
    Cheers!
    Todd Lammle
  • Options
    super22super22 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    who's next Wendell?? or is he already registered here...icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    Who's Laura?

And can we really verify that Todd is who he says he is? Not that I don't believe him, I think it's great if he really is Todd, I just hope some kid isn't pretending to be him....
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Who's Laura?
    Laura Chappell -- famous author/editor of Cisco Books (like the two 1999 classics I can think of - and find in my Cisco books really fast -- Introduction to Cisco Router Configuration and Cisco Internetwork Troubleshooting).

Then instead of thinking like the router, she started thinking like the network..... Long story short -- if you want to learn network analysis or network forensics you go to her or buy her training.

A bunch of us are waiting for her http://www.techexams.net/forums/off-topic/51841-new-wireshark-book.html?highlight=laura+chappell
    I just hope some kid isn't pretending to be him....
    It could be a bored golden retriever
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Anything this man writes is worth it! lol He definitely showed me the light some years back in my CCNA studies! Thanks Todd!
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    toddlammle wrote: »
    I just happen to run across your question through a google search, which I do every once in a while to see what's going on.
    Let me know how else I can help.
    Cheers!
    Todd Lammle

Todd,
    I have actually used your videos and book and nice work. It help me pass the first part of the CCNA and I am readin the material for second part. I love how the book is written easy to read.
    Earl
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • Options
    notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Laura Chappell -- famous author/editor of Cisco Books (like the two 1999 classics I can think of - and find in my Cisco books really fast -- Introduction to Cisco Router Configuration and Cisco Internetwork Troubleshooting).

Then instead of thinking like the router, she started thinking like the network..... Long story short -- if you want to learn network analysis or network forensics you go to her or buy her training.

A bunch of us are waiting for her http://www.techexams.net/forums/off-topic/51841-new-wireshark-book.html?highlight=laura+chappell

It could be a bored golden retriever

Got it. Network forensics sounds very very interesting. I just might have to look into this.....

If only my cat can be as smart as that dog..... icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    Study4CCNAStudy4CCNA Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey Todd,

While we have your attention. How about a discount on your CCNA videos for your friends at TechExams.net? I am sure it's worth $500, but it is well above my budget at this time.

Also, Chapter 3 in your latest CCENT book has helped me learn subnetting. Thank you!
  • Options
    abefromanabefroman Banned Posts: 278
    toddlammle wrote: »
    Hello, I have a high quality video and audio series for the latest CCNA at lammlepress.com. I spent a lot of time - too much time! - on the series, and I think the editors and producers did a fantastic job.
    If you buy them and don't like them, write to me via this forum or todd@lammle.com, and I'll send you your money back personally.
    I really think you will not be disapointed. Although I wrote them with my Cisco Sybex Study Guide in hand, and I recommend that as your source of study as you go through the audio and video, it is not a requirement.
    Please let me know if you have any questions.
    Cheers!
    Todd Lammle

If we buy them and don't pass would we get our money back? That would be the deal breaker for me.

BTW, I passed the Network+ after reading your book.