Options

Help, installing motherboard

binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
I just bought a new chassis for an Intel motherboard (D845GLLY). The chassis has a "Power switch connector", but the motherboard doesn't have a connection for it on the board.

Intel® Desktop Board D845GLLY - Intel® Desktop Board D845GLLY support

Also, few cables have + or - voltages, how do I know which pin on the board is + or -?

Comments

• Options
    exampasserexampasser Member Posts: 718 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It's pin's 1 and 2 according to page 65 of the product manual:
    http://downloadmirror.intel.com/15326/eng/D845GLLY_D845GLAD_ProductGuide_English.pdf

It doesn't matter which way the connector is placed on pin's 6 and 8 as the switch is just a momentary switch that bridges a connection to the pins signaling to turn the machine on or off.
  • Options
    exampasserexampasser Member Posts: 718 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's pin's 1 and 2 according to page 65 of the product manual:
    http://downloadmirror.intel.com/15326/eng/D845GLLY_D845GLAD_ProductGuide_English.pdf

It doesn't matter which way the connector is placed on pin's 6 and 8 as the switch is just a momentary switch that bridges a connection to the pins signaling to turn the machine on or off.

I looked on that page and that sounds right. That looks like that is on panel C on page 64.
  • Options
    Thanks guys for the help, I will try it in the morning and will advise :)
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    You may already know already but check that you've got the motherboard tray standoffs in the correct positions for the motherboard. Remove any extra ones and add any that are missing.
  • Options
    Ok guys everything went fine and the system is up and running.

The only thing I can't figure out is getting the front panel audio to work. The new chassis has mic and speaker jacks at the front, so I want to use those instead of ones at the back. The manual says remove jumbers on the MB, but there is none. Any idea?\
  • Options
    binarysoul wrote: »
    The only thing I can't figure out is getting the front panel audio to work. The new chassis has mic and speaker jacks at the front, so I want to use those instead of ones at the back. The manual says remove jumbers on the MB, but there is none. Any idea?\
    Is the front panel connector block (J8A1) missing completely or is it just missing the jumpers?

If the block exists then just plug in the front panel connectors into that. The jumpers are only if you don't have front panel audio connectors.
  • Options
    tiersten wrote: »
    Is J8A1 missing completely or is it just missing the jumpers?

J8A1 is missing in the location specified (besides 2nd PCI).
  • Options
    binarysoul wrote: »
    J8A1 is missing in the location specified (besides 2nd PCI).
    Is it completely missing or just not populated? You've either got a different revision motherboard or a variant which doesn't have that connector. Unless it exists elsewhere on the motherboard, you're stuck.