Options

70-649 passed today

brucewhunterbrucewhunter Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well I haven't seen a post on this exam for awhile so I was a little aprehensive. However all went well.

48 Questions, 3 testlets individually timed, 640 - 9 questions and as I recall 15 min, 643 and 642 - 19 &20 questions about 30 min each.

I was freaked when I saw that I had 15 min for a testlet but it wasn't that bad.

Used the MS Book and two Trainsignals (upgrading mcse 03 to 70-649 and Server 2008 R2) Both good but kinda tough to listen to.

14 days study but that was full on. Thanks to a cold I had nothing to do anyway.

The one thing that doesn't come across in the CBT's are the IIs changes spend some time here.

The MS Book is really all one needs. My gig has been to do the chapter reading prior to the CBT sections . It makes the process a little less tedious.

My section breakdowns are :

640 - 1000
642 - 962
643 - 940

The gist of the exam is that you need a finer knowledge base. Study the odd details in the book and you will be fine. No big questions.

Well I don't know what to do now. I have 6 weeks left. Thought about Win7 and the Desktop Admin cert but is there any materials for the desktop admin? Maybe CCNA, that one's been bugging me for years.

What say you ???

Comments

• Options
    pennystraderpennystrader Member Posts: 155
    Congrats on your pass on the 70-649. I hope to take the test at some point this year after I finish up my VCP 4.0 exam this month. Thanks for the write up as well on what you used for study materials.

The more knowledge one obtains the more there is too accumulate.....

• Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Thought about Win7 and the Desktop Admin cert but is there any materials for the desktop admin?

shameless self plug here, but I made a 70-686 7 desktop admin resource thread in that section and its links contain plenty of material to pass the exam on. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    dfosbennerdfosbenner Member Posts: 106
    I say you KICKED BUTT. Good job!!
    MCTS
    MCITP: SA & EA
    MCSE: NT, 2000, 2003
    MCSA: 2000, 2003
  • Options
    RootstonianRootstonian Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    AD showoff :p

well done, congrats!
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
  • Options
    bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the info. The MS Press book has mixed reviews on Amazon, so I wasn't sure about ordering it.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • Options
    LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

Thanks for the details - I'm taking this soon! icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    danclarkedanclarke Member Posts: 160
    Congratulations
    bwcarty wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. The MS Press book has mixed reviews on Amazon, so I wasn't sure about ordering it.

The MS Press book was fine: The Syngress book was awful.
    -- Dan
  • Options
    LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    danclarke wrote: »
    Congratulations

The MS Press book was fine: The Syngress book was awful.

I'm using the MS Press book and can't fault it.