Options

CCNA1 Exam Tomorrow

Danny_1983Danny_1983 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
Evening All..

Sure this has been asked a million times before but just to put my own mind at rest. I have my first Cisco exam tomorrow, CCNA1. I've gone through the netacad.net (not at the moment as its down!) test exams and am scoring between 85 - 95%. But, can some people who have been there done that just give me some hints and tips?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Danny_1983 wrote: »
    Evening All..

Sure this has been asked a million times before but just to put my own mind at rest. I have my first Cisco exam tomorrow, CCNA1. I've gone through the netacad.net (not at the moment as its down!) test exams and am scoring between 85 - 95%. But, can some people who have been there done that just give me some hints and tips?

Thanks in advance!

Just review your subnetting with subnettingquestions.com - Free Subnetting Questions and Answers Randomly Generated Online. Mike gives the best advice on the forum that has always helped me. It is to read your question. Read all the answers, re-read the question, and then pick the right answer(s).

This helped me from mis-reading a few questions on the exam and picking the wrong answers, I highly recommend taking this approach. If you are getting those scores on the practice exams you should be ok, just hit a few areas that you are unsure of, or a little shaky on just to brush up a little bit more before tomorrow. But, in all I think you'll do fine. Make sure to let us know the results!
  • Options
    GiddyGGiddyG Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    All the best for tomorrow.
    WIP:

CCENT; CCNA; CWSP; 70-680; CompTIA Stitchup+
  • Options
    mikem2temikem2te Member Posts: 407
    Evening All..

Thanks in advance!
    On the exam, make sure you go through the exam demo to get a feeling for the testing engine before starting the actual exam. It helps me relax a bit and allows some time to make some notes on the wipe clean paper they give you.

Just keep an eye on the clock during the exam and note the the number of questions so you can pace yourself. It is too easy to dwell on a tricky question.

Oh, remember, unlike some exams it is not possible to go back to review previous answers.

All the best.
    Blog : http://www.caerffili.co.uk/

Previous : Passed Configuring Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (70-630)
    Currently : EIGRP & OSPF
    Next : CCNP Route
  • Options
    Danny_1983Danny_1983 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Guys..

Passed, only a score of 801, but its a pass. So CCNA1 done, onto CCNA2 now, just need to find the money to fund it!
  • Options
    GiddyGGiddyG Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Guys..

Passed, only a score of 801, but its a pass. So CCNA1 done, onto CCNA2 now, just need to find the money to fund it!

Congrats! And good luck with the funding quest.
    WIP:

CCENT; CCNA; CWSP; 70-680; CompTIA Stitchup+
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Passed
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

You'll have to step up your study icon_study.gif for ICND2 -- this was the "easy one" icon_wink.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!