I think I'm almost ready

jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
I feel that I'm almost ready to take the CCENT test but the Boson exam is telling me way differently. I'm scoring 23 percent on the practice test and I've been studying and doing labs for about five months. I visit subnetting questions alot and I can go through the problems 15-45 seconds per problem. If I get the wrong answer, I'll figure out what happened and remember why for later. I just have focus more on the switching, wan, and osi model.

When ever I go through the Boson problems and come to the network map that has questions, I get confused. I honestly don't know why.

Any thoughts?
Booya!!
WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
*****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****

Comments

• tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
    I assume those are the boson exams included with the Cisco press books by Wendell Odom?

If you are in fact only taking the icnd1 practice questions (you could be loading icnd2 as well so make sure) at 23% I'd say don't waste your money unless you got lots of it. I haven't taken the test yet (booked jan 29) but I've seen people post that they were getting 80+ % on that test and still failed....

Regarding the network maps; You have to solve them just like in real life. Until you get a lot of experience with something answers don't jump out at you. You need to break them down. Take the question you are asked and solve it individually on each subnet or broadcast domain or whatever...... It is time consuming but the speed will come.

Keep studying you will get there.
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Yea, they're the tests from the Odom books. I'm only taking the ICND1 tests but every time I take the test I've gotten the same percentage.

I guess I'm not use to seing the network maps. Maybe I'll have to find some that are online and try to break them down.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I agree that if you are only scoring in the 20% area don't waste your money on the real thing yet. When I took the CCNA I was scoring pretty well on those. Eventually I got 100% every time after going through them about five or six times. They start to lose their usefulness if you just start memorizing the answers but not even knowing why thats the answer. I'd suggest you leave the questions alone for a while and just review, a lot. Then in a couple weeks or so hit the questions again and see what you get. That is the only way it will really be an accurate judgment of where you stand.

Good luck!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.