Options

Rumor: Iphone 4G? OLED screen, 4G?, Dual Core CPU?Removable Battery?

chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
Check out the article, seems like they want to combat the new list of driod phones and should be coming out by June 2k10. This is good for me since i still rock an old iphone 2G!!!!! lol you guys have no idea how much i get fustrated on this old school iphone. I run the latest OS version and its just so slow....guys i suffer on a daily basis, i need this iPhone4g like now!

Rumor: iPhone 4G Gets OLED, Removable Battery, Video Chat - Yahoo! News
Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    chrisone wrote: »
    I run the latest OS version and its just so slow....guys i suffer on a daily basis, i need this iPhone4g like now!

That's, like, worse than starving or not having clean water. I hope you get a new phone soon ;)
  • Options
    L0gicB0mb508L0gicB0mb508 Member Posts: 538
    My Iphone runs 5G. It's actually more powerful than a beouwulf cluster. Another spec I forgot is the eleventy jillion gigs of ram.icon_study.gif

*edit* Forgot the flux capacitor
    I bring nothing useful to the table...
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    My Iphone runs 5G. It's actually more powerful than a beouwulf cluster. Another spec I forgot is the eleventy jillion gigs of ram.icon_study.gif

*edit* Forgot the flux capacitor

What, no 5 megawatt laser?

(If you get that reference, yes, you're old)
  • Options
    What, no 5 megawatt laser?

I guess that was before my time, or maybe iI just totally forgot it.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    But Mythbusters only just tested that 5 megawatt laser popcorn popping myth in 2009 icon_scratch.gif

Or was that a reference to the 5 megawatt laser in 1985's Real Genius? Um, wikipedia, yeah, that's where I heard about it -- no old folks here.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Or was that a reference to the 5 megawatt laser in 1985's Real Genius? Um, wikipedia, yeah, that's where I heard about it -- no old folks here.

That would be the one! I felt it appropriate since the flux capacitor was referenced, since that was also 1985!
  • Options
    That would be the one! I felt it appropriate since the flux capacitor was referenced, since that was also 1985!

But does it run on 1.21 jigawatts?
    Great Scott!!
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Nothing really too unexpected in the iPhone 4G rumours apart from the removeable battery.

The iPod Touch 2G had a dual core CPU so thats nothing special. Increasing the CPU speed and improving the graphics engine are expected. The CPU is already downclocked to save power.

Unlikely it will be "4G" wireless aka WiMAX or LTE neither of which are actually 4G wireless but just advertised as being. 3G itself has limited coverage already and "4G" is just worse. You'll be paying a premium for that "4G" that you'll never use.

I've not kept track of current OLED technology but I hope they've actually improved it significantly. The earlier OLED technology had differing lifetimes for each colour pixel. The blue ones would die after a couple thousand hours. The green ones would go after that and then finally the red ones.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i still have the 2G model! ha. well behind the times! i looked at upgrading to the 3GS but it simply isnt worth the cash imo for faster internet. So when this beast finally dies, if it dies, then i will probably upgrade.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Doesn't AT&T's exclusivity contract end during the second quarter this year? I've heard rumors that a CDMA version of the iPhone is going to end up at Verizon this summer.
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    arwes wrote: »
    Doesn't AT&T's exclusivity contract end during the second quarter this year? I've heard rumors that a CDMA version of the iPhone is going to end up at Verizon this summer.

That would be very nice.
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□

But I have excellent taste in sleeping attire. I have a pair of size 12 bunny slippers and a roll of dry ice 25 cent pieces.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I would love to get off the AT&T network. I get missed calls that my phone notifies me but does not ring my phone, visual voicemail that sometimes gets messages to me a week after they are left and really slow 3G.