MCDST Compared to A+

sabatagedsabataged Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am scheduled to take my 70-271 exam in a month. I took my Comptia A+ a few months ago and did really good on that. I was just wondering about the level of difficulty of the 70-271/2 compared to the A+

Comments

• eserfelizeserfeliz Member Posts: 134
    70-271/272 tests the knowledge of a help desk level technician who has worked with Windows XP for approximately six months.

Prepare for the exam as you would for any Microsoft exam. Be familiar with the concepts that are tested on the exam and make an effort to acclimate yourself with the way that Microsoft structures their questions and answers. The grammar of some of the questions are sometimes poor and misleading.

In my opinion, this exam is more about being prepared than being knowledgeable, although your knowledge will be tested.
    MCP, HDI-SCA, MCDST, Network+, MCTS: W7C, MCITP: EDST7, BS: MIS

In progress: MCSA (70-290 & 70-291), CCENT, CCA XenDesktop 5
  • sabatagedsabataged Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Alright thanks this will be my first attempt at a microsoft test. I bought a training book to study and have taken a few online practice exams. My first few tries I was getting arodun 35 out of 50.

I have worked helpdesk for about 18 months now so I have some expereince.
  • knownheroknownhero Member Posts: 450
    sabataged wrote: »
    Alright thanks this will be my first attempt at a microsoft test. I bought a training book to study and have taken a few online practice exams. My first few tries I was getting arodun 35 out of 50.

I have worked helpdesk for about 18 months now so I have some expereince.

On the 272 I had many questions on Outlook. Id make sure you know that fairly well like news groups etc. Thankfully were I work I don't get the support this as its boring as hell! But still worth it.
    70-410 [x] 70-411 [x] 70-462[x] 70-331[x] 70-332[x]
    MCSE - SharePoint 2013 :thumbup:

Road map 2017: JavaScript and modern web development