Options

70-680 Passed

baconfacebaconface Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
Made it through with a 800 mark!

I was a bit anxious about going into this one this morning as I failed my first MS exam on XP 70-270 a couple of years back. Comparing the 680 to the 270 I was pleased to get a majority of single sentence questions :). I think they've made the exams easier or maybe I'm actually learning something here :D.

My 65 questions comprised mainly of deploying/migrating/EFS/File shares and backup. Only had 1 question about IPv6 which took me by suprise. No sims either.

So I'm now on the track of MCITP:SA with the client exam now complete, can anyone recommend what exam to take next?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats! I would suggest doing your upgrade exam.

The new exams are better worded than the old MCP exmas. I agree with you on that. I always tell people the MCP exams were more reading comprehension than just tech knowledge.
  • Options
    Congrats! I would suggest doing your upgrade exam.

The new exams are better worded than the old MCP exmas. I agree with you on that. I always tell people the MCP exams were more reading comprehension than just tech knowledge.

I'm slightly confused on what exams I need to sit in order to upgrade from MCSA:M 03 to it's 2008 equvilent.
  • Options
    PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    baconface wrote: »

I'm slightly confused on what exams I need to sit in order to upgrade from MCSA:M 03 to it's 2008 equvilent.

maybe this will help

http://download.microsoft.com/download/4/8/3/48374EED-7B45-4B37-B905-F223CB893E99/Windows_Server_certification_path.pdf
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    So I'm now on the track of MCITP:SA with the client exam now complete, can anyone recommend what exam to take next?

Thanks

There is no client requirment for MCITP:SA

You must be talking about EA?
  • Options
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    There is no client requirment for MCITP:SA

You must be talking about EA?

Oops error on my behalf then, I thought I had to get a client exam for SA. icon_redface.gif

So it looks like I need to sit the 70-648 to upgrade to SA and then look to progress to EA.
  • Options
    shon541shon541 Member Posts: 136
    Oops error on my behalf then, I thought I had to get a client exam for SA. icon_redface.gif

Yeah, but you knocked out the client exam for the EA. Congrats.