Options

issue with roaming profils

ysfsearcherysfsearcher Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello Sirs
I’m working as a junior IT administrator my servers are with 2003 R2 and the client machine are on windows 2000.
Each day I’m facing an issue with profile , the errors are here :
1-[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off.[/FONT]
2-[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator.[/FONT]
Seen those errors when users logs on or turning off their machine I’m scared ; please if any one off you have a solution. Please help

Comments

• Options
    dax_kundax_kun Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    After you log in try going to the address where you redirect the profiles. Make sure you can create folders/files on it. If not, give the proper permission to the shared folder.
  • Options
    ysfsearcherysfsearcher Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    how could you do that plz
  • Options
    dax_kundax_kun Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    first thing is you have to know where you are profiles being saved. After you learned where the profiles are saved, from your client computer to start then run. From the line type \\sharename

Sharename = the folder where the profiles are saved.