Options

Linux certification question

binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
Does anybody know which Linux distribution is best to prepare for LPIC-1 and LPIC-2 exams?

There is a thread here about Linux study group, but didn't find the answer. Some mention Ubuntu, but maybe you can comment. thanks

Comments

• Options
    ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    I would like to know this as well.
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    I haven't done this exam, however I've heard that either debian or redhat (FC) were pretty good for the exam. However as the exams are vendor neutral, it really should matter, should it?

-Ken
  • Options
    seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    If i am not mistaken they ask questions about both rpm and dpkg package management systems.

So ideally you should get familiar with both by using debian/ubuntu and redhat/centos.

Other than the package management I cant remember anything else that was distro specific.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Do one Debian-based (Mint/Ubuntu/Debian) and one Red Hat-based (Red Hat, CentOS, Fedora).