Options

CCNA Security Study Notes

Comments

• Options
    Rens-Rens- Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Very organized notes ! Congratulations !

Does Someone has updated notes for the new version of the CCNA security exam ?
  • Options
    Henry is GodHenry is God Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Impressive notes breeder.
  • Options
    acit1985acit1985 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    very nice....i have all the notes of ACIT
  • Options
    LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks!
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
  • Options
    Christopher DobkowskiChristopher Dobkowski Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Anything for 640-554? icon_study.gif
  • Options
    showboshowbo Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    +1 to that!
  • Options
    QuickybillyQuickybilly Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    showbo wrote: »
    +1 to that!

another +1 to that :D
  • Options
    JienJien Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, I am new to here and going for CCNA security, it was so lucky to see your note. It will help lot of people for many years. Appreciate!
  • Options
    davidbrianfisherdavidbrianfisher Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just sat - and passed - the exam today (1/23/14). Im always cautious before commenting on these things because i can't guarantee things will/won't come up but here are the main topics that came up:

tacacs+/radius differences
    IPS/IDS differences
    Diffie-hellman, uses and and implementation
    Matching the IPS/IDS falsepositive, true-positive alerts
    CCP! Rather annoyingly not a single CLI command was needed, i'd memorized a lot of these after the CCNA routing switching, but all configuration/troubleshooting etc was done in CCP.
    Common security threats
    SSL/IPSec VPN differences and similarities.
    The IKE phase one and phase 2

I suppose the biggest take away from the exam is that i didnt need to learn a great deal of commands or the 'technical' points it was almost all information, comparisons, drag and drosp and the like.

Good luck!
  • Options
    SecurityThroughObscuritySecurityThroughObscurity Member Posts: 212 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've found the ccnp security notes, it's in online format
  • Options
    ITMonkeyITMonkey Member Posts: 200
    Great study guide! Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    OmarAhmedOmarAhmed Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you so much for the notes. Will definitely need to go through this after I finish my CISA exams on the 14th of June.
  • Options
    SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Here you go, might not be perfect, but there isn't currently one for the CCNA Security forum:

ccna sec
    current exam:640-554 IINS
    Prerequisites
    Any valid Cisco CCENT, CCNA Routing and Switching, or any CCIE certification can act as a prerequisite.
    lab:
    3 1841 Routers 12.4 advanced IP feature set 256MB RAM 64MB Flash
    3 2950/2960 Switches 12.4

1 ASA 5505 8.42

Lab virtualization options:
    GNS 3
    Hardware: 3725 Routers Switches and ASA see above
    IOS: c3725 adventerprisek9-mz124-15.T14
    Hints, Tips, and Tricks: GNS3 no issues but insure you have the correct IOS'/router verions. Note: I did not have to do the MS loopback adapter fix, i'm not sure if it is needed in Windows 7. CCP:Download cisco-config-pro-k9-pkg-2_7-en.zip from the Cisco website

CCP and Java version: There is no CCP PC version availible for 2.8 at the time of this writing, you must download 2.7 or earlier.
    I am running Java 7 51 currently. In order to run CCP with this version of Java it is suggested/required that you: Change the slider on the security section of the java control panel to low, add an exception to the exception site list for 127.0.0.1:8600 and Unchecked the ''Enable the next-generation Java Plug-in'' in the Java Control Panel Advanced Settings.

Information about the Cisco Certified Network Security -- the required exams and prerequisites -- can be found on the Cisco website.

CCNA Security Certification - IT Certifications and Career Paths - Cisco Systems

What Books would you recommend for the CCNA Security?

CCNA Security 640-554 Official Cert Guide - CCNA Security 640-554 Official Cert Guide: Keith Barker, Scott Morris: 9781587204463: Amazon.com: Books

CCNA Security Lab Manual Version 1.1 (2nd Edition) - Amazon.com: CCNA Security Lab Manual Version 1.1 (2nd Edition) (9781587133060): Cisco Networking Academy: Books

What videos would you recommend for the CCNA Security?

CCNA Security boot Camp with Chris Bryant https://www.udemy.com/ccnasecurityvideobootcamp/

Cisco CCNA Security 640-554 with Keith Barker Cisco CCNA Security 640-554 Video Training Online | CBT Nuggets

CCNA Security 640-554 with Keith Barker Live Lessons CCNA Security 640-554 LiveLessons (Video Training): Safari Books Online
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    SephStorm thanks so much! That is perfect! That's my goal for January so I can collect everything I need to be ready.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    zykezyke Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CCNA Security 640-554 notes: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/690315/CCNA%20Sec%20640-554%20notes.pdf

Props to: A Wathen, who is the author and note taker for this PDF-file!
  • Options
    tammam085tammam085 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks it's look awesome
  • Options
    Christian.Christian. Member Posts: 88 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This thread will come handy, I have to start studying soon :)
    CISSP | CCSM | CCSE | CCSA | CCNA Sec | CCNA | CCENT | Security+ | Linux+ | Project+ | A+ | LPIC1
  • Options
    bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    zyke wrote: »
    CCNA Security 640-554 notes: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/690315/CCNA%20Sec%20640-554%20notes.pdf

Props to: A Wathen, who is the author and note taker for this PDF-file!

Thanks for sharing. Had a quick look through the notes and they look brilliant! I will create my own but I will definitely use this aswell, when I start my CCNA Security soon.
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
  • Options
    jjs1234jjs1234 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Since I may have missed it, is their an IOS image for the ASA I can load into GNS3?

I got the image for the 3725.

Heres a post how to add ASA to GNS3... but I dont know if its the right version or if it matters...

http://www.ccnastuff.com/2013/05/cisco-asa-firewall-on-gns3.html
  • Options
    skkshahbazskkshahbaz Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    where can i download ccna security notes ?
  • Options
    mj8mj4mj8mj4 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I cant find it
  • Options
    maciekzienmaciekzien Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi all, please share this notes one more time. File on dropbox seems to be deleted.
    Thanks
  • Options
    sidninjasidninja Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So today I passed the Sec Exam - I felt so nervous beforehand though!

as a parting gift and for all those who i want to benefit from it, i made a google doc with all of the bullet points and my own notes in each bar section 7 - i will leave it open for anyone to finish that section :)

now i will see if i can get started on another cert soon (if my company will let me :) )

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1L__jESZuVN-9CUxe5qNOxCc9fDOkL6tevBH7Bizlv54/edit?usp=sharing
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HLIMAeTlMGN13k6FhrZANNw_er73eiFpbScd6AWGdO8/edit?usp=sharing

also if you go onto safaribooksonline - there is a LIFECHANGING BOOK called 30 days before you ccna security 210-260 (something like that)

it goes through EVERY BULLETPOINT IN DETAIL.

have fun :)
    Always keep learning and have a positive attitude - never be rude or insulting and you will be blessed.
    Have faith in God and you can't go wrong.
    Connect with me on LinkedIn if you want - https://www.linkedin.com/in/sidbloodsaw/
    :cool:
  • Options
    tabassum.1234tabassum.1234 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    juliagreenjuliagreen Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Get now Latest Expert Made Professional Exam **** at *********key and pass your exam in first attempt.
  • Options
    ddollyddolly Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi all

Very good & useful notes thanks buddy

And also i am looking for CCNA & CCNP equipment's

When i searched for this equipment's. i have fond this in the website below

CCNA & CCNP Routing &Switching AND CCNA Voice Lab Training package 1 |

Is this equipment's are correct or anything to change in this package ? please

Thank you
  • Options
    lucky0977lucky0977 Member Posts: 218 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @ sidninja,
    I just recently passed the 210-260 and only now going over your notes, I have to say I wish I had seen this while I was doing my studying. Your notes are spot on!
    Everything you need to know just for the exam is on your notes.
    Bachelor of Science: Computer Science | Hawaii Pacific University
    CISSP | CISM | CISA | CASP | SSCP | Sec+ | Net+ | A+
  • Options
    joshuamurphy75joshuamurphy75 Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Looks like the link is broken. Should we remove this from a sticky?
  • Options
    kellyboss2020kellyboss2020 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Pls how do i download the CCNA security notes.

thanks.
  • Options
    snixon23snixon23 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Are the notes still relevant to the test?