Options

Passed A+ IT Tech... 602..

poriggityporiggity Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
Yes, its 602, but being its still valid, I am now officially A+ certified. I will more than likely take the 701 and 702 tests soon, but for now, I am happy! Now onto MCP and MCSE, then CCNA.
Scott
A+, 70-270, and working on 70-290 now. Certs are good.
claymoore wrote:
If you're unzipping your fly to show off your A+, N+ and Sec+, I'm going to ask if it's cold in here.

Comments

• Options
    TechnitoTechnito Member Posts: 152
    Congratz. And from what I understand there's not much difference between the 2007 edition (600 series) and 2009 edition (700 series) exams anyway. So you should be fine. I wouldn't worry too much about taking 701 and 702. Instead, why not just move on and take Network+ 2009 edition? That along with your A+ counts as an elective for your MCSA/E.
    Knowledge is being an Architect, no matter what field.....
  • Options
    steve13adsteve13ad Member Posts: 398 ■■■■□□□□□□
    poriggity wrote: »
    Yes, its 602, but being its still valid, I am now officially A+ certified. I will more than likely take the 701 and 702 tests soon, but for now, I am happy! Now onto MCP and MCSE, then CCNA.
    Scott

First off Congrats!

But because of thier recent actions I would chose a different path than Comptia. Maybe look at CCNT or even the CCNA.
  • Options
    I'm attending a school and they have an outlined plan. My next step is MCP, then I will move on to MCSA/MCSE, and from there I will get other certs on my own.
    Scott
    claymoore wrote:
    If you're unzipping your fly to show off your A+, N+ and Sec+, I'm going to ask if it's cold in here.
  • Options
    poriggity wrote: »
    I'm attending a school and they have an outlined plan. My next step is MCP, then I will move on to MCSA/MCSE, and from there I will get other certs on my own.
    Scott

I didn' think that hey were doing the MCPs anymore. Isn't it MCTS and MCITP?
  • Options
    I'm gonna have to ask about that.. I was told 70-270 was MCP, but that may not be correct anymore, for all I know.
    Scott
    claymoore wrote:
  • Options
    The 270 is the MCP for XP, but they've released new programs which apply to windows 7. Which maybe a better alternative since XP isn't officially supported.