Options

Top 10 List

This list provides the Top 10 jobs that will provide the most "new jobs" this decade.

Where Will The Jobs Be This Decade? : The Work Buzz

First list I have seen that doesn't list any IT profession. They note that 6 of the top 7 of low-skill, low-wage jobs.

Do you think this helps us by providing more income for a larger group of people?

Or does it hurt us by more people earning lower income?

Just curious what others thought.
"Vision is not enough; it must be combined with venture." ~ Vaclav Havel

Comments

• Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    This list provides the Top 10 jobs that will provide the most "new jobs" this decade.

Where Will The Jobs Be This Decade? : The Work Buzz

First list I have seen that doesn't list any IT profession. They note that 6 of the top 7 of low-skill, low-wage jobs.

Do you think this helps us by providing more income for a larger group of people?

Or does it hurt us by more people earning lower income?

Just curious what others thought.

Personally I think this is a joke. Most of these jobs don’t’ require an education, which I find sad. How can Accountants be in less demand than the mcdonald’s burger flippers? I think an RN is a wonderful career choice, and I admire anyone that wants to become one, but I think the rest of the list is a joke. I think this article could have been written to favor a certain industry, company, or school. Additionally, I believe that YOU make your own future, and career choices, and that’s one of the great things about working in IT, because you are in control of your future.
    1. Registered nurses
    2. Home health aides
    3. Customer service representatives
    4. Food preparation and serving workers
    5. Personal and home care aides
    6. Retail salespersons
    7. Office clerks
    8. Accountants
    9. Nursing aides, orderlies and attendants
    10. Postsecondary teachers
    1. Personally my favorite part of the article was when I scrolled and I read one user’s comment that said and I Quote “
    BB | Jan 19, 2010 | Reply
    I struggled with a low paying job also. However, I looked into a class on Cisco Systems (CCNA). Took ithe two courses at a community college (in VA) at night two days a week. I was hired before the end of the second class for 48K. After passing the certification test I was able to land a job for 65K. No previous IT experience. Life is looking up now. I would recommend the Cisco Network academy to anyone who is looking for a career change. It helped me. Maybe it will help you. .
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • Options
    GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    I think you guys are confusing demand, and where the jobs will be.

For example, theres going to be more retail jobs OVERALL than there are Security Admins. It depends how you define 'demand'. You could go out tomorrow and get a job (and probably start the same day) at mcdonalds. That sounds like some pretty high demand!

A wallmart opens up, and 100 retail jobs are created, with maybe 1 IT job at IBM to support them opens.
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This is for the masses.

There is one Network Admin for 100 or more users.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    No:10 - More higher education teachers are needed but most of the jobs do not require higher education .. it does not make sense .