Please look over my voip lab

itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey guys can you look over my voip lab.
And can you give me suggestions.

will this work? look at the type of connections(it is kind of rough) but
you can see what type of interfaces I am using for each and are they correct? and do I need Vic cards vwic and fxo cards? and why?
do i need them to actually get this working?

thanks

you can download the HomeVoip.jpg from my ftp site
url:

in IE8 you have to go to the menu Page and go to bottom
and click on Open ftp in Windows Explorere then put in below credentials
thanks guys crtique away if I am way off

ftp://sftp.itdaddy.net

u:friend
p:friend

thanks

slam away okay. you have my permission I am trying to build one.
I have everything but the 3550 switch and ip phones and pots phones
and fxs cards..almost there.icon_thumright.gif

Comments

• pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    use the search feature - You keep asking the same questions over and over!
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    thanks for the help icon_rolleyes.gif
    Cisco WS-C3524-PWR-XL-EN PoE Swit

is there guys a big diff between 3524 and 3550/3560 beside bells and whistles.
    for study for ccnp and ccvp labs?

isnt 3524 a L3 and poe switch?
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    itdaddy wrote: »
    thanks for the help icon_rolleyes.gif

http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccvp/43832-calling-all-ccvp-gurus-help-newby-plz.html

I suggested you read the CCVP FAQ in that post -- and I told you:
    mikej412 wrote: »
    You'll want to learn both analog and digital interfaces....
    If you don't have both analog and digital interfaces than you're not able to do everything you should be able to do if you want to be a CCVP.

And I'm pretty sure I also explained it in some PMs after that.

I was already thinking about the intercom (or a walkie talkie) analogy -- but azaghul beat me to it.
    azaghul wrote: »
    Although you can use it as an enhanced intercom with just IP phones attached as a starting point, it's more fun to connect to the PSTN and have analogue handsets attached.
    isnt 3524 a L3 and poe switch?
    No. It isn't. It's a layer 2 switch.

There are PoE Versions (Cisco Pre-Standard) 3524XL switches
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    Thanks mike I have been reading the CCVP FAqs it is a lot of info
    and there are so many ways you (it seems) you can build a CCVP lab
    I just asking for guidance not for anyone to do it for me;
    thanks. I am a kind of person who needs some interaction with people not just a reader only. I need some dialogue of some type..icon_redface.gif
    there are so many ways you (it seems) you can build a CCVP lab
    There's lots of different hardware/cost options/trade offs -- and you have to decide what works best for you/your budget.

You have a WAN Cloud.
    You have a PSTN Cloud.
    You have an HQ Main Office
    You have a Branch Office
    You have a 2nd Branch Office -- preferably "overseas" so that you think about dial plans other than your country, emergency services, and realize that not everyone in the world uses T1/E1 (pick yours and express shock that the other one even exists) circuits.

That's a Voice Lab that gets you through the CCVP and CCIE (with the addition of some more software).

I've said it a bunch of times -- and the links are in the FAQ -- you'll probably want to build the Multisite Deployment Model with Centralized Call Processing.

When you start building your lab, you can do the Single-Site Deployment Model first -- that's when you're just learning. You hook your home analog phone line (if you still have one) to an FXO port (and your home analog phone line loop to an FXS port) and you can talk to the world (once you figure out the configuration). Don't make any practice 911 (emergency services) calls with this configuration.

As you learn more, then you can build your PSTN Cloud and add the Branch Offices. That's when you're building the Multisite Deployment Model with Centralized Call Processing.

With CallManager running on VMWare, it's now pretty easy to "promote" one of your branch offices (at least temporarily) and do the Multisite Deployment Model with Distributed Call Processing.
    wow that is 2 mouths full; but very good stuff mikej wow thanks
    for you help and wow you are the man amazing how cool you are with so much knowledging helping us noobs..thank yuo so much for the direction

Don't make any practice 911 (emergency services) calls with
    icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I can see me doing that hooking up the fxo and fxs and saying cool
    I have dial tone ahahahah hello world! hahaha;)
    I can see me doing that hooking up the fxo and fxs and saying cool
    Haven't you started studying yet? If you had covered your basic phone theory and history, you should know the words over the first working phone connection should be "Watson, come here! I need you!"
    hahahha
    is that in the sherlock holmes movie with iron man i mean robert downing jr. actually i want to see that movie next weekend hahah
    I always thought sherlock holmes was cool even as a kid reading some of his books ahaah;) coool man cool ;) will let you know when I get dial tone ;) hee hee
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    hahahha
    is that in the sherlock holmes movie with iron man i mean robert downing jr. actually i want to see that movie next weekend hahah
    I always thought sherlock holmes was cool even as a kid reading some of his books ahaah;) coool man cool ;) will let you know when I get dial tone ;) hee hee
    Thomas Watson who was Alexander Graham Bell's assistant not Dr Watson who was Sherlock Holmes assistant.
    tiersten

HHAHAHA WHAT a dork I am haahha

my bad hahaaaha I just saw previews to that movie and I saw them messing with a phone and the name Watson hahaahha thanks big guy for the refresh history lesson hahaa; what a dork I am icon_redface.gif
    hahahaha
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    HHAHAHA WHAT a dork I am haahha

my bad hahaaaha I just saw previews to that movie and I saw them messing with a phone and the name Watson hahaahha thanks big guy for the refresh history lesson hahaa; what a dork I am icon_redface.gif
    hahahaha
    Ehh. Easy enough mistake to make. I think "Watson" is more famous as Sherlock Holmes' assistant than Bell's assistant. Unless of course they come up with an action packed film about the complicated story of the invention of the telephone. Older versions of Windows even had a debugging tool called Dr Watson.
    Yeah I have Dr Watson tool but did really anyone ever really use it.
    ahhahhaha
    thanks b ud!icon_thumright.gif