Passed the ICND1 today!

SMR511SMR511 Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
First try...Thanks for all the info on this forum. It really helped. In hindsight, I realize I was feeling a little too cocky when I went in. Some parts can be tough! I hit some Sims early on knew to expect that from some previous posts. Last October, I hadn't even heard of Cisco. I feel like I've been studying nonstop for three months. Time to relax for a few days and then get on with the ICND2 stuff. I've been using the Odom books and a bunch of other books/videos as well as a Lab I made from scrounged gear on eBay.

One question - I think the exam mention I needed to supply an email to see results online after the 72 hour thing ? to who ? Pearson ?

Comments

• veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    SMR511 wrote: »
    First try...Thanks for all the info on this forum. It really helped. In hindsight, I realize I was feeling a little too cocky when I went in. Some parts can be tough! I hit some Sims early on knew to expect that from some previous posts. Last October, I hadn't even heard of Cisco. I feel like I've been studying nonstop for three months. Time to relax for a few days and then get on with the ICND2 stuff. I've been using the Odom books and a bunch of other books/videos as well as a Lab I made from scrounged gear on eBay.

One question - I think the exam mention I needed to supply an email to see results online after the 72 hour thing ? to who ? Pearson ?

Congratz!

What hardware did you use for studying?
  • SMR511SMR511 Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks! I made a lab with 3 routers (3620,2611,2507) and 2 switches (2950 & 2924) Made 3 LANS and Simulated WANS etc...networking most of the computers in my house and thats about 6 or 7.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thanks! I made a lab with 3 routers (3620,2611,2507) and 2 switches (2950 & 2924) Made 3 LANS and Simulated WANS etc...networking most of the computers in my house and thats about 6 or 7.

Nice! Good luck with ICND2... :)
  • *BB**BB* Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□

the info should be on the paperwork they gave you after the exam.
    Procrastinator extraordinaire
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Congrats on the pass. If you used pearson when scheduling your exam then yes. But, you can always log into the pearson vue website to view your results. I checked mine within a few hours and it had updated to pass already on both my 640-802 CCNA exam and my 640-812 BCMSN exam. Good luck on the ICND2 studies you will be fine. The Odom books do a good job of covering everything, you just gotta spend the time on it like you did!
    Thanks...yeah it's up on the Pearson website as pass so I guess that's all I need to check.
  • johnwest43johnwest43 Member Posts: 294
    Congrats!! Good luck w/ ICND2
    CCNP: ROUTE B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B , SWITCH B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B, TSHOOT [X ] Completed on 2/18/2014
  • SelfmadeSelfmade Member Posts: 268
    congratulations!!! Good job, just keep on doing the good work and pass that ICDN2!!!

i highly recommend you study ACL's and NAT for your ICDN2, those questions will be on there and you had better know them like the back of your hand
    It's not important to add reptutation points to others, but to be nice and spread good karma everywhere you go.
    Excellent. thanks for the advise!