Options

Testing CEH Tomorrow 1/25!

novovictusnovovictus Member Posts: 192
I have taken the EC Council i|Class, since I was awarded the Securaid Scholarship:
EC-Council | SecureAid Candidates

(I am the third from the bottom)

I also read the Cybex Official Review Guide, went through CBT nuggets, and of course labbed as much as possible. The class is supposed to be all inclusive, but I wanted to make sure I really grasped the concepts. I have read Dynamiks posts and this really does seem to be pulling from all 7+ years of my expeirence. I will post how I do tomorrow when i am complete.
Working on: Doctor of Information Technology Information Assurance and Security @ Capella

Comments

• Options
    So I called the testing center twice before I left and once while on the road, because this place is 1 hour away... Turns out power is out at the office complex. It was supposed to be back on 1/2 an hour ago, but now I am just sitting at borders bumming the wifi waiting for a call..... icon_sad.gif
    Working on: Doctor of Information Technology Information Assurance and Security @ Capella
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nothing like a little extra tensions and frustration to get you ready for an exam :p
  • Options
    unsupportedunsupported Member Posts: 192
    novovictus wrote: »
    I have taken the EC Council i|Class, since I was awarded the Securaid Scholarship:
    EC-Council | SecureAid Candidates

(I am the third from the bottom)

First off, congrats on the scholarship. I had considered it, but didn't feel like writing. :)

Second, YanYan Wang. It has a nice alliteration... I'm not judgin', just sayin'.
    -un

“We build our computer (systems) the way we build our cities: over time, without a plan, on top of ruins” - Ellen Ullman
  • Options
    LOL i saw that too, my wife and i both had a chuckle.

I called vue a few times trying to reschedule at another center, but to no avail. I waited for about 5 hours or so, and eventually the center called me back and said power was back on.

Well i passed, 85% in about an hour. It was tuff, but fun at the same time. Of course my score report did not print. The testing center was having all kinds of issues once the power came back on. I think one of their switches got fried. The main Vue machine could not talk to the printer and pings would randomly drop. I by-passed the one switch and had the proctor reprint my score report. after a day like this i wasnt going to leave empy handed.

i have had major issues with prometric in the past, and thought Vue would be easy sailing. Not that this was anyones fault, just not a desired situation on exam day.

time for a break and some brew then on to Exchange and then to finish my CCNA :)
  • Options
    GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    novovictus wrote: »
    LOL i saw that too, my wife and i both had a chuckle.

I called vue a few times trying to reschedule at another center, but to no avail. I waited for about 5 hours or so, and eventually the center called me back and said power was back on.

Well i passed, 85% in about an hour. It was tuff, but fun at the same time. Of course my score report did not print. The testing center was having all kinds of issues once the power came back on. I think one of their switches got fried. The main Vue machine could not talk to the printer and pings would randomly drop. I by-passed the one switch and had the proctor reprint my score report. after a day like this i wasnt going to leave empy handed.

i have had major issues with prometric in the past, and thought Vue would be easy sailing. Not that this was anyones fault, just not a desired situation on exam day.

time for a break and some brew then on to Exchange and then to finish my CCNA :)

Good show. Congratulations mate!
  • Options
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    nice pass. Sorry to hear about your troubles, but good call on the printout! Have a pint or two!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    done and done :)
  • Options
    j_a_s_o_nj_a_s_o_n Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    unsupportedunsupported Member Posts: 192
    Congrats! Now you have to wait a few weeks for your welcome packet from China. :)
    -un

“We build our computer (systems) the way we build our cities: over time, without a plan, on top of ruins” - Ellen Ullman
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats! Now you have to wait a few weeks for your welcome packet from China. :)

Yeah, I would imagine would be good at "certifying" hackers... icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    i hear it takes quite some time to recieve the 'packet'
  • Options
    I believe mine was 6-8 weeks.