Options

Upromise - Is this legit?

veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■

Comments

• Options
    sambuca69sambuca69 Member Posts: 262
    Well, when you run a Whois on it, it's not owned by some guy in China. :)

Hard to say.. I guess check BBB, and Google groups.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    As far as I know. Major grocery stores back in MN used it all the time.
  • Options
    kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
    Yes, its legit. I first found out about them by reading about them in Ladies Home Journal (hope that's the correct title) in a doctors office. They stated that it great idea to register if you have children in school. You can find some good deals on their site and get a kick back for your kids college tuition. Like Dynamik said, they have partnered with grocery stores here in California also.

I must be tired, at first I thought you were asking about UCERTIFY. After reading responses, I re-read the post.
  • Options
    crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    I currently am signed up with UPromise. I have found that I don't qualify for a lot of the purchases, as they aren't at their approved locations. Even shopping at the grocery stores, they expect you to buy more expensive items, so its really doesn't provide me with anything. I think in the two years I have been a member, I have made $5 lol.
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    they're legit, alot of the stores down here have their programs.

with that being said, it's not worth the trouble. I'm willing to bet that they sell the marketing data gathered by tracking their participants purchases to turn a profit, and the rate of return is horrible. Just set aside your own cash in your own 529 if saving for college is a big deal.