Thoughts on new Chris Bryant

ToddBToddB Member Posts: 149
Bulldog bootcamp
CCNA $197 On-Demand Bulldog Boot Camp With Chris Bryant, CCIE #12933

What I don't like is only 30 days access.
:thumbup:

Phil 4:6 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."

Comments

• joe48184joe48184 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Agreed.. Other places give you 6 months access. I'll stick to my books, and you folks of course. icon_lol.gif
  • jjbrogjjbrog Member Posts: 149
    Yeah 30 days isn't enough, I'm sure it would be fine if you feel nearly ready but not sure and want a extensive review.

But the site.... reminds me too much like a lot of those fake diet pill scam sites just by appearance, tell me I'm not the only one who thinks that! Granted I know its not a scam cause he has a name for himself, but just the overall design is very similar.
    Started a forum for networking students, its new and needs people!
    http://netadminstudents.zxq.net/phpBB3/
    HTC students encouraged to join :)
    jjbrog wrote: »
    Yeah 30 days isn't enough, I'm sure it would be fine if you feel nearly ready but not sure and want a extensive review.

But the site.... reminds me too much like a lot of those fake diet pill scam sites just by appearance, tell me I'm not the only one who thinks that! Granted I know its not a scam cause he has a name for himself, but just the overall design is very similar.

I hear ya, the site reminds me of one of those loud talking infomercials "BUY ME NOW!!!". Too bad too, he does offer some very good information and I do enjoy his short videos. The site just needs a professional make over.
  • jmc012jmc012 Member Posts: 134
    ToddB wrote: »
    Bulldog bootcamp
    CCNA $197 On-Demand Bulldog Boot Camp With Chris Bryant, CCIE #12933

What I don't like is only 30 days access.

I think I would rather buy the videos, 30 days isn't enough for me. He does have great material though and he is a great guy, he always answered my e-mails. I agree he could tone down his web page a little though. His material deserves a more professional sales pitch.
  • billcnabillcna Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'll be honest with you guys and this is just my opinion here....

I've been following this guy for a while and I can tell you this -

His claims are mostly correct but not 100%

He's a better salesman than anything else

What bugs me most is that some of his software, example his CCNA study package always pops up my trend micro because it's trying to hit his server.
  • ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    jjbrog wrote: »
    But the site.... reminds me too much like a lot of those fake diet pill scam sites just by appearance, tell me I'm not the only one who thinks that!

Same thing. I'd never buy a thing from a website like that. Does he still work in the industry or is he just a full-time cert boot camp guy now?
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Same thing. I'd never buy a thing from a website like that. Does he still work in the industry or is he just a full-time cert boot camp guy now?

His website is cheesy, but I used his info for CCNA and CCNP, (not bootcamp), and I was very impressed with his material.

What I liked, was you could ask him specific questions and get direct responses... I like the guy, his training technique, (Train Signal) and his written material.

He currently has a deal where you can buy his CCNA security info for $20.00. How could you go wrong?icon_cheers.gif

CCNA Security Exam $20 Study Package Cisco 640-553 IINS Exam
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I used him for CCNA and BSCI back when I failed it the first time. His information however was very good, and I watch his youtube stuff frequently. After I discovered jeremy though, I can't go back to buying trainsignal, Bryant is just to bland.

That being said I follow what Bryant does and greatly appreciate his information.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
    No question he puts out high quality stuff (in my opinion). I like the way he delievers it and I have no problem understanding the points he's trying to get accross.

I've also noticed as of the origional date of this post, he has adjusted his prices and has several pay options. I give him points for trying. The economy sucks but he's been creative in his offerings.