Options

CCNA- ICND1 and 2 BOOKS

ForeverIT27ForeverIT27 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
I was wondering if anyone has any advice/suggestion on a good CCNA ICND1 AND 2 study books/materials. Would appreciate it.

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    As mentioned in the CCNA Forum FAQ:
    icon_exclaim.gifOdom Certification Library AND Todd's Sybex book (6th Edition)
    The Wendell Odom Cisco Press CCNA Official Exam Certification Library (CCNA Exam 640-802), 3rd Edition and Todd Lammle's CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide: Exam 640-802, 6th Edition are the books most recommended by TechExams.Net members.

If you're a "video person" you can toss in the CBT Nuggets and/or Trainsignal Videos.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    ForeverIT27ForeverIT27 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks a bunch for the quick reply. This site totally ROCKS... I will look into this and see what I can get. I heard a lot of the CTB Nuggets Videos and I am getting their CCNA training videos from a mate.

Thanks a bunch.. any other advice would be great.. By the way, when preparing for CCNA when's the best time to get some equipment? switches/routers and so on..
  • Options
    SelfmadeSelfmade Member Posts: 268
    i second the T Lammle and Wendell Odom books

both come with CD's and they have practice exams on them

the ones on Odom's book are so hard that if you can do well on those practice exams you can book it and be confident of passing, but i'm not kidding when I say they are hard, they have a reputation for being harder than the actual exam

I recommend you review throughly and then start taking practice exams from EVERY source you can get your hands on untill you can do consistently well on all of them and then book your exam. Mr. Lammle has an easy style of writing, which makes the material a lot less snooze-worthy. He's quite gifted in that really when you think about how much material you have to absorb.

Ok anyway, i also recommend you use this site's resources and go to subnettingquestions for practice on subnetting

all right buddy, one more thing. If you read the poll where it asks what's the hardest thing on the test, take the hints, everything you see on the poll will be on the exam. They left out NAT though so don't forget about NAT.
    It's not important to add reptutation points to others, but to be nice and spread good karma everywhere you go.