Options

age for taking the exam

liche321liche321 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
What age do you have to be to take the a+ im 17.
Also what is the average age of someone taking the exam,
am i too young and inexprienced? should i wait till later?

Comments

• Options
    lancebukkakelancebukkake Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    naw man...17 is a good age for taking the exam...i wish i was as focused as you seem to be when i was your age - take care of your certs. and degrees now - get them over with.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    You can take any exam at whatever age you want. I would have to disagree with LB, I don't think you should pile up on certs now. You'll become a paper-techie, someone who has all the important certs, but no real world experience. Is there college in you future? If so, you could wait until sometime during that. If not, I would recco A+, and Net+. Those are a couple of entry level certs that may help get you're foot in the door. You may have to start out slow with a low job type, but experience is priceless.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    hhisgetthhisgett Member Posts: 181
    Amen! These employers are looking for experience these days (from what I have seen lately around my state). Certs ae good to have, but if college is in your future, go for that and then get the certs. Trust me, that college degree will get you alot further than these certs will. I know! :)
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Plus, something I forgot to mention, a college degree, never expires. A combination of a degree, experience, the right certs(depending on what you want for a career), and your own motivation, is an unbeatable force.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    cliffjag1987cliffjag1987 Member Posts: 206
    No age required.
    Look at my signature & it will tell you what age i am icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Ricka182 wrote:
    Plus, something I forgot to mention, a college degree, never expires. A combination of a degree, experience, the right certs(depending on what you want for a career), and your own motivation, is an unbeatable force.

Yes, Sir. icon_thumright.gif....The difference between a guy w/ a job & the guy without a job is one of them never gave up.
  • Options
    lancebukkakelancebukkake Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i have to agree with Ricka182 for not agreeing with me...i should have worded my statement better...what i ment to say is study hard for your certs first and NOT become a paper techie. i've been working with computers for over 15 years and im NOW just studying for my certs...most of the material is just brushing up but what im trying to say is dont procrastinate. 17 is a very good age for higher education.