291 Study material

So i just passed 290 so getting ready to take on the beast.. so i already bought the cbt nuggets and im looking for a book i know the best book is the ms press book buttttttt 1200 pages of dry material is tough to read... so is this any good:

Amazon.com: MCSA/MCSE 70-291 Exam Cram: Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure (2nd Edition) (9780789736185): Diana Huggins: Books

i used the ms press book for 270 and 290 and it worked well but not sure if it is good enough to kill the beast

ill also set up a lab not sure on what i need for the lab for the 290 i used 1 2k3 and 2 xp virtual machines, soo recommend a lab setup xD

Comments

• knownheroknownhero Member Posts: 450
    Im using CBT and MsPress book. Ive also got a lap set up with W2K3 and 2 XP machines. Though I work were I can actually do it for real etc thats all Im doing to try pass this exam.

I work with DNS mainly so I get a massive boost with that. So I think maybe transder exams would be a good idea also.

And finally GOOD LUCK!
    70-410 [x] 70-411 [x] 70-462[x] 70-331[x] 70-332[x]
    MCSE - SharePoint 2013 :thumbup:

Road map 2017: JavaScript and modern web development

• Johnny JohnsonJohnny Johnson Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My two primary study materials were "70-291: MCSE Guide to Managing a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network" and Transcender practice exams.

Good luck!
    Next up: 100-101 ICND1 :study:

Keep the Son in your eyes!
  • sifusifu Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would recommend the the MS Press Book and Transcender.
  • Todd BurrellTodd Burrell Member Posts: 280
    I found the MCSE in a Nutshell book (I think that's the title) a good resource for 290, 291, 293 and 294. I used it a great deal in passing all 4 tests, and for the cost it is a fantastic source for reviewing for the exams.

BTW, I found 291 to be fairly easy. I think they have changed the test lately to make it easier. But 293 was truly a BEAST - mostly just due to the fact that it was 50 VERY long questions.

Good luck.
  • SupermiguelSupermiguel Member Posts: 122
    how many simulations are in this test?
  • z3pxz3px Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    MS Press, Transcender, and the O'reilly nutshell book. The nutshell book is a VERY good resource.