Options

Company may be sending me over to Haiti

2»

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,039 Admin
    dynamik wrote: »
    You make that sound like a privilege ;)
    Well, R&R will be in places like Jamaica, San Juan, The Bahamas, West Palm Beach and Miami Beach.

• Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yikes, everything was turned upside down today. My boss informed me that we have been told not to send anyone to Haiti. Seems that the 82nd Airborne may have taken our job away. icon_sad.gif

On a positive note I got my job offer letter in writing, err adobe writing today. I immediately started filling out my paperwork and e-mail it back to them. I should officially start as a permanent employee next week icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Well atleast you still scored the full-time employee position.
  • Options
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    Well atleast you still scored the full-time employee position.

Yes, zero complaints about that. My Wife and I are very happy for the financial boost!
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    unsupportedunsupported Member Posts: 192
    Congrats about the permenant position. You deserve it! sorry to hear you won't be going to Haiti. Poo-poo on the 82nd Airborne. How dare they take jobs away from hard working Geeks?!
    -un

“We build our computer (systems) the way we build our cities: over time, without a plan, on top of ruins” - Ellen Ullman
  • Options
    Well, it's finalized and I won't be going to Haiti. Now I need to call WGU and get started on finishing this Bachelor degree :)

On to finishing the A+ before WGU starts so I can save a little bit of money icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    hustlin_moe20hustlin_moe20 Member Posts: 225
    Congrats about the permenant position. You deserve it! sorry to hear you won't be going to Haiti. Poo-poo on the 82nd Airborne. How dare they take jobs away from hard working Geeks?!

I currently work as a contractor in Afghan with the HHC 82nd Airborne DSTB. I fought the war in Iraq with the 82nd Airborne 319th Airborne Field Artillery Regiment in 2003, 2004, 2006. I was actually an Artillerymen in the U.S. Army until I got out in 2006 AFTER being wounded in my 3rd tour with the 82nd. I bet most of the "Hard Working Geeks" on here couldn't stand up to Airborne troops. They don't want to be in Haiti anymore than the next man, trust me. They'd much rather be jumping out of C-130s and drinking in Fayetteville on the weekends. Go Airborne. All American, that's the 82nd. They work harder than anyone on a computer, and get paid pennies to protect the nation. Hoooah!
  • Options
    I love the military, but the one thing they seem to often miss is obvious humor icon_rolleyes.gif

Dude, he was joking! On that thought, trust me I wouldn't want to go down there unless I had the military with me. That place is a complete mess.