Options

N+ second edtion study guide

g.rangerg.ranger Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi'' i am using N+ second edition study guide book to ready for the N+ exam. do u guys think i can manage with this old guide?cuz i hear the latest guide is third edition.anyway what's the pass mark for this exam? & is it possible for me to pass using this old guide? i would greatly appreciate your help!

thanks

Comments

• Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    I assume that you are referring to All-In-One Network+ Exam Guide by Michael Meyers. That guide should be OK until about April or May when CompTIA begins using a revised/upgraded exam for Network+. The second edition is the one that I used and I always recommend it. However, I also recommend that you use a second source because no exam guide is complete in itself.

One thing to consider with the AIO is that the practice exam questions on the accompanying CD are somewhat easier than the actual exam is. When you get the book studied, and after you take the practice exam, then take the exam here at Techexams and see how well you do on it. It's closer to the real thing in difficulty.

Best of luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    g.rangerg.ranger Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    its sybex book written by david groth
  • Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    g.ranger wrote:
    hi'' i am using N+ second edition study guide book to ready for the N+ exam. do u guys think i can manage with this old guide?cuz i hear the latest guide is third edition.anyway what's the pass mark for this exam? & is it possible for me to pass using this old guide? i would greatly appreciate your help!

thanks

I passed with the 2nd edition All-In-One Network+ Exam Guide by Michael Meyers about a month ago! icon_wink.gif it was more than enough for the exam...
  • Options
    lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    I passed easily with the same David Groth text and the Technotes here. Use the Technotes! Print them up, carry them with you.. easy to open up during lunch break or whatever time you have. Lighter than a book and easier to swat flies with....
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • Options
    cliffjag1987cliffjag1987 Member Posts: 206
    lazyart Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:18 am Post subject:

I passed easily with the same David Groth text and the Technotes here. Use the Technotes! Print them up, carry them with you.. easy to open up during lunch break or whatever time you have. Lighter than a book and easier to swat flies with....

I AGREE !!!