To pass the exam do I need the oracle software??

poguypoguy Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
Can I just use the free express version ??
thank you

Comments

• RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    poguy wrote: »
    Can I just use the free express version ??
    thank you

I would imagine that for the Associate exam this is probably fine. For the Professional exams it might be hrader with just the Express version.
  • poguypoguy Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would imagine that for the Associate exam this is probably fine. For the Professional exams it might be hrader with just the Express version.

probably fine? do you have oracle cert already? or u really guessing?icon_cheers.gif
  • cablegodcablegod Member Posts: 294
    poguy wrote: »
    probably fine? do you have oracle cert already? or u really guessing?icon_cheers.gif

I have several Oracle certs, and have worked with it every day for 10+ years.

The OCA/OCP track uses features not found in the Express edition, and even some are only in the Enterprise Edition. You need to get the standard download which included all versions. Install the Enterprise Edition when you see the choices in the installer. That will put all tools covered into your hands. You can use the Enterprise Edition for educational "learning/training" purposes. It's covered in the eula. We've (the Oracle community) always done it even when it wasn't covered in the eula. Oracle's software has always been available freely for download, with the stipulation that you are not using it for business use/monetary gain and only for demo/trial purposes.
    “Government is a disease masquerading as its own cure.” -Robert LeFevre