Options

How hard is MCDST?

laptoplaptop Member Posts: 214
How hard is it to pass the MCDST without experience?

Well, I graduated in IT and have been using Windows for a while.

I heard some people say it takes 3 weeks on average?

Comments

• Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I did mine in about 3 weeks, but I had done the MSCA before. How much experience do you have with XP? the 270/271 are remarkably similar in content, while the 272 covers more the area of IE and Office questions.
    I would hit MS and check out the exam objectives. Make sure you understand what and how to do them.
    You can pick up the books for the MCDST pretty cheap on Amazon.
  • Options
    laptoplaptop Member Posts: 214
    I have never done serious troubleshooting with windows xp.

But, I'm a user of windows xp for a while.

Psoasman wrote: »
    I did mine in about 3 weeks, but I had done the MSCA before. How much experience do you have with XP? the 270/271 are remarkably similar in content, while the 272 covers more the area of IE and Office questions.
    I would hit MS and check out the exam objectives. Make sure you understand what and how to do them.
    You can pick up the books for the MCDST pretty cheap on Amazon.
  • Options
    sir574sir574 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just took the 70-271 test this morning. It wasn't that bad, and I didnt really study too much, as Ive done helpdesk type work for the past 4 years. I scored an 816. I could have done better if i went over the VPN stuff and language settings, I never had to change the language settings ever or setup VPN in windows, everywhere I have worked we have used the cisco vpn client.