Options

Working for temp agencies....

When you list work performed under a temp agency on a resume, do you list it as the company you are actually doing the work for or the temp agency?

Also, do you guys think 6+ months is an inordinate amount of time to wait to get hired perm? Especially if you think the company plans to bring you on perm. icon_sad.gif

Comments

• Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The company you did the work for.
    Not at all.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    sambuca69sambuca69 Member Posts: 262
    I've done it like this in the past..

Joe Shmoe Investment Bank (through SomeTemp Co.) 2000 - 2005
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The company I worked for, not the Temp agency.
  • Options
    binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
    The company I worked for, with a mention of contract

System Administrator
    LazyGates Corp (contract) 1945-1995
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    hex_omega wrote: »
    When you list work performed under a temp agency on a resume, do you list it as the company you are actually doing the work for or the temp agency?

Also, do you guys think 6+ months is an inordinate amount of time to wait to get hired perm? Especially if you think the company plans to bring you on perm. icon_sad.gif

Times are rough! My boss wanted to bring me on permanent quite a while ago. It has been six months, and I still have two weeks before I will be permanent. Trust me, just be thankful you have a job in these rough times.
  • Options
    mistervincemistervince Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Been contracting for a Fortune 100 company for over 2 years initially hired on as a 6 month to hire... their budget dictates how many employees they can have on each payroll. So I am basically having to wait out for someone else on my team to leave before I can be hired on by the company. Its worth the wait I think though.
    Why is SuSE better than Redhat?

Its alllll in the startup scripts. All in the startup scripts. >.<

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
    (")_(")domination.