Options

220-601 or 220-701, 220-702

roooul11roooul11 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
This might be a stupid question but i still want to get any takers on this issue..... I have being studying for a while for my A+ and i just complete my studies.... the problem is i notice there is a new 2009 objective and test the 2006 version i was studying for is set to be gone on feb 28.... I am confuse i dont know if i should still go ahead and take the 2006 version or just start study for the new 2009 objective and do that instead...
Also i heard that wins 9x is complete out for the new objective and that the exam is consist of wins xp and vista only??...
Thanks in advance for your response
Rodney T

Comments

• Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    roooul11 wrote: »
    This might be a stupid question but i still want to get any takers on this issue..... I have being studying for a while for my A+ and i just complete my studies.... the problem is i notice there is a new 2009 objective and test the 2006 version i was studying for is set to be gone on feb 28.... I am confuse i dont know if i should still go ahead and take the 2006 version or just start study for the new 2009 objective and do that instead...
    Also i heard that wins 9x is complete out for the new objective and that the exam is consist of wins xp and vista only??...
    Thanks in advance for your response

I would go with the 2009 objectives if I was you, and you will have more time study. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe February 28th 2010 is the expiration date in the USA for the 2006 exams.
    Some changes that I can think of off the top of my head
    Vista is now covered in 2009 A+, but Windows 95, 98,ME,and NT are gone
    More concentration on Networking and Security ( you need to know the OSI model and Port Numbers)
    Newer hard drive technologies (Solid State Drives) and processors have been added
    That’s all I can think of off the top of my head…
    Currently, I’m study the A+ 2009 and it does seem little harder than the 2006 exam. Although, I’m glad they took those older operating systems off the exam.
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Simply download the current objectives and compare them with the older ones (or the ones in your texts).

You'll likely notice that there are not a ton of changes, in either case you need to discern the best exams for yourself.

2006 - if you are ready, take it
    2009 - if you need a little more time, review the objective additions and take the more current exam. Doing so before January 2010 will leave you certified for life with the 2009 objectives.

If you have plans to take more exams this year and you are this close to being certified, take the exam sooner and move forward to your next exams.

If you have the experience in the industry as the exam recommends, then it really shouldn't be an issue for you...just take it and go on to the next ones.

Best wishes
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?