Options

Question Types and weightings?

albangaalbanga Member Posts: 164
Hey All,

Well in 3 weeks time I will be sitting my CCNA, im going for broke and sitting it in the one exam. Wish me luck!! :)

Anyways, i wanted to know if the questions are weighted? Such as if you get a very basic 2 line question, compared to getting a complex diagram with IP addresses splashed all over it. Both the questions are multi-choice, but are they worth different amounts? Or is each multiple choice question worth the same thing?

I also wanted to know if anyone knows how they grade your simulator (is there one or multiple?) question. If you complete 80% do you get marks for that, or because you didnt answer it totally correct you get no points? I doubt that would be the case but am a little concerned as i believe this is my weakest area.

Lastly, does each exam have the same amount of questions on each topic? So for example every exam will have 3 questions on ISO model, 3 questions switching, 4 questions access lists.etc. Or is it set-up that you have to get a couple of questions on every topic and then the rest is totally random so u could get say 7 questions on WAN's?

Hope that all makes sense :)

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The only thing Cisco has acknowledged about exam grading is that SIM are worth more points and you do get partial credit for SIMs.

You find out for sure just before the exam how many questions you are going to get and how much time you have.

Any other information would be covered by the Cisco Non-Disclosure Agreement and Cisco Candidate Conduct Policy.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote: »
    The only thing Cisco has acknowledged about exam grading is that SIM are worth more points and you do get partial credit for SIMs.

You find out for sure just before the exam how many questions you are going to get and how much time you have.

Any other information would be covered by the Cisco Non-Disclosure Agreement and Cisco Candidate Conduct Policy.

Thanks heaps for that mikej, i guess i better study hard on the simulator. Its one thing to know the commands when looking at them in a question, its another to be typing them out!

Can u just tell me though, from your knwoledge, is there only 1 simulator question in the CCNA exam and also and most importantly can you use the ?
  • Options
    blackninjablackninja Member Posts: 385
    There will be more than 1 sim, I guarantee & in my exam the first question was 1 - bad times icon_sad.gif

Your best best is being able to subnet in your sleep as it's forms part of most of the questions.,
    Currently studying:
    CCIE R&S - using INE workbooks & videos

Currently reading:
    Everything. Twice ;)
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Oh -- you can see list of the question types here: Certification Exam Tutorial

Follow the link at the bottom to run the demo. Watch the examples -- and then give it a try if you want for each question type.

This is the tutorial you get to watch before the exam. If you watch it now, you can use the time before the exam to jot notes on your scratch paper or dry erase marker sheets.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Well i can pretty much subnet in my sleep, and believe me as the date approaches i have been dreaming about it! haha sad but true.

Thanks for the link MikeJ, glad i got to see that first as i reckon it would have freaked me out a bit. I guess all I can do now is cram hard for the next 3 weeks and hopefully it all makes perfect sense come judgement day :)
  • Options
    sweetness0099sweetness0099 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I know that if you miss or don't complete the SIMs, you will definitely fail the exam.
  • Options
    hexemhexem Member Posts: 177
    When working with SIM's just remember to save you're running config to startup, something i made sure of!
    ICND1 - Passed 25/01/10
    ICND2 - Passed 9/03/10

Studying CCNA:S