Options

Passed Security+

rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
Passed this morning with 825/900. I was hoping for a bit higher. There were about 15 questions I "marked for review", some to re-read the question to make sure I was reading the question right. There were two that I have a good feeling were "practice" questions - but I could be wrong.

Just wanted to say thanks to Darril. I've already recommended his book to a coworker to use. His book pretty much nails what you need to know.

Next up - time to upgrade my MCSE 2000 to MCITP: SA and EA
CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS

Comments

• Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    rwmidl wrote: »
    Passed this morning with 825/900. I was hoping for a bit higher. There were about 15 questions I "marked for review", some to re-read the question to make sure I was reading the question right. There were two that I have a good feeling were "practice" questions - but I could be wrong.

Just wanted to say thanks to Darril. I've already recommended his book to a coworker to use. His book pretty much nails what you need to know.

I will still give you a Well Done! for that one. 825 is one of those "honorable wounds." You can certainly live with!

Do as well on the M$ exams, and you will forget all about S+!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Thanks. I've never taken a CompTIA exam before (I've taken Cisco and Microsoft) - so I was not sure what to expect. Oh well - time to take a few days off away from the books before I jump back in to the fire!
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    rwmidl wrote: »

Congratulations. That's a great score!

Glad the book helped.

Good luck on the MCITP path.

Darril Gibson
    Author: CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead
    ISBN-10: 1439236364
    Security+ Blog
  • Options
    jtzenos1jtzenos1 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi and congratulations, I plan to take the exam too and would like to know if you can help me in some ways.
    Anyway, study from the PASSPORT book by Mike Meyer's and have some exams by LearnKey, is this good enough?

Thanks
    James
    jtzenos@gmail.com