How do you get hands on training if....

gpitts85gpitts85 Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
How do you get hands on training for something if you dont work in that field. For example I want to get more Network and System Admin training on the hands on part but how. I dont have experience in it so I cant get no one to hire me what have some of you done to get the hands on and familiarity knowledge of areas that you dont or havent worked in?
G-Money

Comptia A+

Pending... Security+

Degree in Progress....

B.S. MIS 45%

Philippians 4:13:
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me"

Comments

• undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Study. Go to your local library and grab whatever books you find on the area of interest i.e. Windows Server 2003, RHCE studies, etc. Next up use virtualization to put together a lab on your computer. My recommendation is VirtualBox though VMware Server is also a good free alternative. Start practicing in your lab and put to use what you are learning in your books. Also of course reading this site will get you a number of ideas of what to practice with as well.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Volunteer your time. Offer to help out churches, non-profits, etc. Some will probably be on a tight budget and lack the expertise they need. You may also make some good contacts through that avenue. Advertise on Craigslist, etc.
  • gpitts85gpitts85 Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    Volunteer your time. Offer to help out churches, non-profits, etc. Some will probably be on a tight budget and lack the expertise they need. You may also make some good contacts through that avenue. Advertise on Craigslist, etc.

That is a really good idea as much as I post on search on craigslist I dont know why I didnt think of that before that is an awesome idea.

Thanks
    G-Money

Comptia A+

Pending... Security+

Degree in Progress....

B.S. MIS 45%

Philippians 4:13:
    "I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me"