Options

Cleared CCNA

techimadhutechimadhu Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,
I have successfully cleared my CCNA yesterday with score of 972/1000.
I have been silent member of this forum, reading posts.

I am sharing some info on how i prepared for the exam. So it will be helpful for others also.
I used the following material for prepration
1. Todd Lammle's CCNA Study Guide
2. CBT Nuggets videos
3. Boson simulator
4. Subnettingquestion.com
5. Few chapters from Cisco press books like RSTP, DHCP which is not very well explained in the Todd's Book

Skills one has to master before attempting CCNA are
Subnetting, summarizing and writing wildcard masks

I did 2 months of prepration reading an hour weekdays and around 5-6 hours on weekends.
I did not have access to any real hardware. I had to practice everything on sim. I hope to get some home lab done for CCNP :)

All the best for people preparing for the exam !
==============================
Next what? CCNP or CCIP?
==============================

Comments

• Options
    mikem2temikem2te Member Posts: 407
    Congratulations.

Good work.You cleared that in pretty good time as well.

EDIT : CCNP is going through a change at the moment with the release of a new set of exams. Check ouy the CCNP forum for info
    Blog : http://www.caerffili.co.uk/

Previous : Passed Configuring Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (70-630)
    Currently : EIGRP & OSPF
    Next : CCNP Route
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    Well done! icon_cheers.gif

And welcome to TE! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Congrats on the pass! I would say CCNP. Either way with the exam change one or two of your exams will count toward CCIP. So you could complete the CCNP then go to CCIP afterwards. Check out cisco's website to see which tests count toward CCNP and CCIP and you make the call. Last day for the BSCI and BCMSN are July 31, 2010. That's 5 months. If you think you could tackle them within 5 months, you could always at least try to get the BSCI and BCMSN. Then the only thing you would have to do is the TSHOOT. But, it's totally up to you how you want to go from here. There definitely are plenty of choices.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    BattleneterBattleneter Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    techimadhu wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I have successfully cleared my CCNA yesterday with score of 972/1000.
    I have been silent member of this forum, reading posts.

I am sharing some info on how i prepared for the exam. So it will be helpful for others also.
    I used the following material for prepration
    1. Todd Lammle's CCNA Study Guide
    2. CBT Nuggets videos
    3. Boson simulator
    4. Subnettingquestion.com
    5. Few chapters from Cisco press books like RSTP, DHCP which is not very well explained in the Todd's Book

Skills one has to master before attempting CCNA are
    Subnetting, summarizing and writing wildcard masks

I did 2 months of prepration reading an hour weekdays and around 5-6 hours on weekends.
    I did not have access to any real hardware. I had to practice everything on sim. I hope to get some home lab done for CCNP :)

All the best for people preparing for the exam !

Thanks for the info techimadhu, I have only just started looking at what i need and this post is a big help, and congrats!
  • Options
    johnwest43johnwest43 Member Posts: 294
    Congrats on the Pass, I hope to sit the icnd2 exam before April
    CCNP: ROUTE B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B , SWITCH B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B, TSHOOT [X ] Completed on 2/18/2014
  • Options
    napolean420napolean420 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats. gl on ccnp!
  • Options
    IT_FANIT_FAN Member Posts: 88 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Welcome to the Alumni!!!! Good to see it grow with one more member!!! Lets dream big and get a CCNP!!!!
    CompTIA A+ (2009 Edition) | CompTIA Network + (2009 Edition) | CompTIA Security + (2008 Edition) | CASP | CCDA | CCNA | CCNAS | CCNAV | CCDP | CCNP | CCNP:Security | MCTS | MCP | MCSA | MCSE | MCITP:EA | ITIL v3 Foundation 8)