Time off to finish Degree?

azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
Hello all,

I currently in day 4 of my 9 day vacation. I took the time off so I could focus on 7 essays (critical thinking) and my capstone requirements. That is all I have left in order to graduate with my B.S in Network administration. I may push it out another month since there is only two more classes more to get the B.S in Network Design and Management. The 70-647 and 70-680. Yes I'm going to WGU, in case you were wondering.

Now the reason for this post. I'm curious to see if any of you have done the same thing in order to finish your education. And if, at the end of your "vacation", you completed what you had set out to do. I'm being bold and probably won't finish my capstone papers. But I'll be really damn close. The light at the end of the tunnel is a promotion to a Network Admin position and a nice bump in pay.

Anybody have a similar experience?
Currently Studying:
VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'll be doing something similar later this year. I have three classes left for mine. I'm actually with the University of Minnesota, but I'm taking these courses via distance-learning. I'm so busy with work that I don't get much time to work on them, or I'm burnt out and have trouble getting into it. I'm taking a week off in April to tackle one class, and will take another week off in the fall to wrap up whatever is left of the other two. I'm definitely going to have to make the next vacation count since that is not the way I want to be spending my time off.