Options

Passed 70-680 Today w/800

Greetings,

I passed the 70-680 exam today with a score of 800. I've had lots of exposure to W7 Ultimate. The questions were pretty straight forward. The only thing that tripped me up was the IPv6 stuff. I'm a little behind the power curve on that lol. I have been deploying images with SCCM for a while. The government has been testing it here in Afghanistan.

65 Qs.

Comments

• Options
    ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations did you have any hands on experience of system image deployment? of VHD's? I'm reading chapter two of the MSPRESS book and getting a bit concerned as I don't have a genuine copy of Windows 7 to practice creating custom images.

Is system deployment featured heavily on the exam? or is it just theory stuff?

Advice would be most helpful how much did you study?
    Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "
  • Options
    dalesdales Member Posts: 225
    grats on the pass
    Kind Regards
    Dale Scriven

Twitter:dscriven
    Blog: vhorizon.co.uk
  • Options
    GagHalfruntGagHalfrunt Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ally_uk wrote: »
    I'm reading chapter two of the MSPRESS book and getting a bit concerned as I don't have a genuine copy of Windows 7 to practice creating custom images.

I take it you can't use the Eval version off the website for this or doesn't it let you?

Windows 7 Enterprise| Trial, Evaluation, Test, Deploy
  • Options
    ConfigConfig Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Greetings,

I passed the 70-680 exam today with a score of 800. I used Testout LabSim, TrainSignal, and CBT Nuggets, all three for Windows 7. I've also had lots of exposure to W7 Ultimate. The questions were pretty straight forward. The only thing that tripped me up was the IPv6 stuff. I'm a little behind the power curve on that lol.

65 Qs.
    Congrats, I wasn't aware that Testout LabSim, TrainSignal or CBT Nuggets had any products for 70-680.
  • Options
    SupervisorSupervisor Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi!
    there is no cbt nuggets or traingsignal for Win7 available
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I used Testout LabSim, TrainSignal, and CBT Nuggets, all three for Windows 7

Can you provide links to these resources? Thank you.
  • Options
    hustlin_moe20hustlin_moe20 Member Posts: 225
    ally_uk wrote: »
    Congratulations did you have any hands on experience of system image deployment? of VHD's? I'm reading chapter two of the MSPRESS book and getting a bit concerned as I don't have a genuine copy of Windows 7 to practice creating custom images.

Is system deployment featured heavily on the exam? or is it just theory stuff?

Advice would be most helpful how much did you study?

I have been deploying images with SCCM for a while. The government has been testing it here in Afghanistan. Getting your hands on the OS is your best bet. Also a W7 bootcamp like ONLC is a great help.