Hardware recommendations for streaming with Flash Media Server

qplayedqplayed Member Posts: 303
Hi guys,

Does anyone have any experience setting up live streams using flash media server? What kind of capture card/video camera has worked for you? i'm currently working on a live streaming project for a small school. I welcome all recommendations and links to any supporting docs/sites etc..

Thanks!
If you cannot express in a sentence or two what
you intend to get across, then it is not focused
well enough.
—Charles Osgood, TV commentator

Comments

• hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    Small schools can benefit from 'cloud' services very well. Serving up video is not very easy if you have to troubleshoot it for a lot of people. I recommend they host their video somewhere with bandwidth and server space.
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    hypnotoad wrote: »
    Small schools can benefit from 'cloud' services very well. Serving up video is not very easy if you have to troubleshoot it for a lot of people. I recommend they host their video somewhere with bandwidth and server space.
    +1, I always advise against in-sourcing stuff like this, others are better setup to handle it.
  • qplayedqplayed Member Posts: 303
    I plan on using a cdn like akamia. I jsut need an idea onw aht to use on our site. I've already done teh bw calculations and there's no way we will be hositng this on site.
    If you cannot express in a sentence or two what
    you intend to get across, then it is not focused
    well enough.
    —Charles Osgood, TV commentator