Options

ONT Scheduled (Feb 9th, 2010 1pm)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    *shrung* I know a few folks who've used the **** as well. At my old job, the materials of a certain company who likes to pretend an affiliation with royalty were passed around, and actually *encouraged* by management (Cisco partner, so they had certification quotas to fill).

They were competent enough at regular day to day stuff, but leaned on me in a crisis.

Come to think of it, I should probably drop a dime on them. We did not part on good terms.
  • Options
    qplayedqplayed Member Posts: 303
    Retake scheduled for Feb 16, 2010 @ 1:15pm
    If you cannot express in a sentence or two what
    you intend to get across, then it is not focused
    well enough.
    —Charles Osgood, TV commentator
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    good louc k for the 16th..
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    SysAdmin4066SysAdmin4066 Member Posts: 443
    Best of luck, you'll get the second try around!

As for ****, whatever. My point was, I dont give a crap what someone else is doing in their career. Not enough to be "pissed off" or upset about it. I have enough **** that concerns me to worry about. And like any other man who's family eating is important, I will do what I feel is best to get what I need to get done, that's really all i'm concerned with. With probationary periods of 6 months or more for me, and senior level positions in my past and future, I know I will be put to the real test of actually doing the job. That's a test that you cant ****, no matter what you do. I know by experience, you will be found out if you dont have the base level of knowledge that is required for your job. Or you wont and you'll retire an effing idiot who squeaked in under the wire. Either way, I dont lose any sleep. MY bills will be paid. MY kids will eat every single meal. That's really what it's about for me. I love IT, but I love my family more. If I had to work as a hitman knocking fools off to keep my kids with a roof over their head and food in their belly, I'll be the best damn hitman that ever lived. So believe I'll **** if I have to, or felt like I had to. I'm just fortunate enough to have been able to do things the right way and still provide for my fam.

My point is, I'm not knocking anyones hustle. If they can do it, then more power to them. Just know your competition, who might even be me someday, will be doing whatever they need to to get the job too. Is having an inside source for a job interview cheating? Cause that happens all the time. There was this thing that one of my Staff Sgts used to say to me all the time. We would be complaining about some effed up thing or another. And his answer? Is it right? Is it wrong? Who gives a ****, that's how it is. Suck it up, do what you gotta do, and overcome the situation. I know what my end result needs to be. Regardless of my chosen methods, whether they be fair or not, I will suffer the consequences of either not succeeding, or "succeeding" and not performing. I alone must decide whether it's worth it to **** in order to fulfill a requrement for a job I need, and hope they dont find out I dont have the knowlegde I claimed or to actually obtain the knowledge and fulfill the requirement taking much more time and maybe giving an opening to someone else in the process. The choice is not black or white all the time either. I have so far chosen to succeed AND perform. Some dont. That's them.

People **** in school all day, everyday and it's not going to lower the status of a BS or MS degree. It is what it is. My MS from Redlands University is not worth as much as an MS from Harvard or Standford, which doesnt mean that person knows more. Just means they paid more. Is it right? Is it wrong? Who gives a ****, that's what it is. I will have to compete with that young pup right out of Harvard someday and I can bet you that I will do whatever I need to to edge them out. In the end, you have to do you. Eff what anyone else is doing. You know what you need to do, you know what's best for you. Train hard, and fight harder is what I say. Why **** training when that's what's gonna keep you afloat when the **** hits the fan? Yet there are those who do, and so they will be covered in **** when that happens. Me? I study hard, and work harder to get to where I need to be. Period. But thats me.
    In Progress: CCIE R&S Written Scheduled July 17th (Tentative)

Next Up: CCIE R&S Lab
  • Options
    Why **** training when that's what's gonna keep you afloat when the **** hits the fan? Yet there are those who do, and so they will be covered in **** when that happens. Me? I study hard, and work harder to get to where I need to be. Period. But thats me.

See that's how to sum it all up as it is :)

I read your post in the ONT progress thread as well, Thoughts are with you and your family.. hope every thing turns out OK for you all. God bless.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    Forgot I was doing taxes that day :p
    Exam Date: Feb 16th @ 6pm
    well enough.
  • Options
    looks like I haven't learned my lesson when taking cisco exams icon_sad.gif
    I got a 788 all because I got careless and didn't pay attention! Oh well, at least I can say I never dumped.
    well enough.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'm beginning to think think that you're just in it for the adrenaline rush of taking the exams. icon_lol.gif

Hopefully you'll get bored with this one next time and pass.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    hah...I do get a rush...but damn expensive. I should've learned my lesson when I took BSCI , but what can I say, I either have $$ to burn or I'm an idiot. I'd rather burn $$ than be a dumper :P
    well enough.
  • Options
    aldousaldous Member Posts: 105
    qplayed wrote: »
    looks like I haven't learned my lesson when taking cisco exams icon_sad.gif
    I got a 788 all because I got careless and didn't pay attention! Oh well, at least I can say I never dumped.
    ouch so close, you'll nail it next time!
  • Options
    Passed! 833. Thanks for all the support! I only used the quick ref this time as a refresher. 2 more to go and 3 months left (personal deadline).
    well enough.
  • Options
    cool wd sir
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Now grab a beer drunken_smilie.gif and grab a book icon_study.gif -- you're burning study time. icon_cool.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    doing BCMSN review and TSHOOT atm :p
    well enough.
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Hopefully I'll join you in the passing the BSCI exam group on Thursday =)

Congrats!
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    SysAdmin4066SysAdmin4066 Member Posts: 443
    Congrats, after BSCI and at a lesser degree, BCMSN, its all down hill from here. ISCW would have been a good last one for me, I was so bored with ONT that I drug my heels for a while. Best of luck, study hard for BCMSN, by comparison, its much harder than ONT.
    In Progress: CCIE R&S Written Scheduled July 17th (Tentative)

Next Up: CCIE R&S Lab
  • Options
    I put BSCI and BCMSN on the same level of difficulty. I'm actually over preparing for it and hopefully get it down in one shot. It'll give me time to concentrate on ISCW.

Hopefully I don't spread myself thin since I'm also preparing for TSHOOT Beta. Main focus right now is BCMSN. Its about 80/20 (BCMSN/TSHOOT)on study effort.
    well enough.
  • Options
    Are you going to do BSCI/BCMSN/TSHOOT path? Or are you trying to finish the old path in time?
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
  • Options
    I'm taking the old path, I'm taking TSHOOT (Beta) for fun. I currently have BSCI/ONT so I'm looking to finish BCMSN in April, and take ISCW in June. If by some miracle I pass TSHOOT that would be a bonus, but my goal is to finish all 4(old) exams.
    well enough.
  • Options
    Mrock4 wrote: »
    Same here. I've grown pretty proficient at dishing it out between the services..it's always one of those "just kidding..but not really" kind of things. Each service has it's quirks..I know the Army surely does.

You too? We have Army and Airforce in our department. Every day is a joke!

Anyway, I'm going BSCI, BCMSN, TSHOOT.
    Currently Pursuing
    mikej412 wrote: