CCENT then 640-802?

tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
I don't know if anybody has asked this before and I doubt I'll go that route but are you allowed to complete a CCENT and then to get the CCNA just take the whole test rather than the ICND2?

It would cost double to take the full ccna test here in Canada; I assume the test prices are similar elsewhere but I do see some advantages. First off if you passed the CCENT already you can be confident to get at least a pass grade on half the ccna questions. Plus you would only get 50% approx of ICND2 questions so if you were weak in some ares you might not even see questions on them...

Thoughts?

Comments

• billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    That really wouldn't make much sense. You're best bet is to just take the ICND2. I wouldn't think anything could prevent you from doing the 640-802 single exam. But, Why? It wouldn't make any sense really.
  • tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
    It was just a passing thought really.... I only passed icnd 1 with an 840 so it wouldn't make a heck of a lot of sense for me however for someone who say passed with a high 950 ish then would logic not dictate they should expect to get about 50% of the full ccna test right without much if any study?
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    It's been done.

Not sure if the perceived benefit justifies the additional cost -- but as long as you don't fail the CCNA exam (and don't mind spending the extra money) it still gets you to where you want to be (the CCNA).

Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!