Options

Revamped CCVP Lab Setup

1235»

Comments

• Options
    dentrydentry Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What do you mean by "You cannot combine both within the requirements of the certification exams" ? Do you mean I cannot combine PRI (voice) and Frame Relay (Data) on the same interface ? BTW I just came up on several VWIC-MFT's so I wont be messing with WIC-1t. On the downside one of my 3825's died, so I will be bringing in the 3725 to replace it. So currently I have 3845, 3825, 2811, and a 3725. Not bad I have to say, I was all gun ho about getting the v3.0 toplogy setup ASAP. I think im going to take a step back and just do the labs Cisco press recommends as I go through the various tests. Currently I have read the Cvoice book twice and done all the questions ect...I have not passed or attempted any CCVP tests. Within the last few days I have started labbing going from the ground level and into the GK topics. Any advice with this approach ? My end goal is CCIE Collaboration, I just don't want to give myself any unneeded stress I want to enjoy the journey as much as possible. Thanks guys!
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    dentry wrote: »
    Is it true that VWIC-MFT cannot transport voice when used in frame relay ?

You need need separate interfaces for FR and PRI = 2 MFT ports per site. Flex T1s exist in the wild but the setup is different and not what you're being tested on.

I would start with the CCNP:Voice - certainly can't hurt to pick that up along the way!
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    pitviper wrote: »
    the 2801 uses its own version of IOS, while the 2811/21/51s use the same file – but the #1 factor for me was noise. The 2801s are loud as hell – and that’s coming from someone who has no issue sitting all day with a fired up rack of equipment at ear level!
    [/code]

I know this is an old post but I was looking through this last night and went into a panic since I'm getting 2801s for free from work. I worried of having an obnoxious sounding router at home. I had the option to get 2821s but I had to pay for them or take the 2801s for free. Once I got to work I fired up 3 different 2801s and there no louder then the 2811s. I think you guys have bad fans if you here a whining noise.
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I've installed plenty of each (brand new) and always found the 2801s to be louder. I actually removed one from a small office closet because of noise (unit was 10 months old). Also I've had 5 or so 2801s fail (bad RAM usually) and 0 2811s (knock on wood). They are perfectly fine for the lab though.
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT