Project Honey Pot

veritas_libertasveritas_libertas CISSP, GIAC x5, CompTIA x5Greenville, SC USAMember Posts: 5,735 ■■■■■■■■■■
Currently working on: Linux and Python

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,314 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Also check out Honeynet Project Blog | The Honeynet Project if you're interested in this type of stuff.
  • chrisonechrisone Senior Member Member Posts: 2,130 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The Honeynet project is geared more towards packet sniffing and analysis. Great site with lots of practice ****. Its referenced several times in the Wireshark University study material.
    Certs: CISSP, OSCP, CRTP, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, AZ-900, VHL:Advanced+, Retired Cisco CCNP/SP/DP
    2020 Goals:
    Courses: VHL (completed), CQURE: Windows Security Crash Course (completed), BlackHills InfoSec: Breaching the Cloud (completed), eLearnSecurity: WAPTv3 (completed), IHRP (completed), THPv2 (completed), PTXv2 (in-progress)
    Certs: VHL: Advanced+ (completed), OSCP (completed), AZ-500 (failed 1st attempt), eLearnSecurity: eWPT (failed 2x, no further attempts), eLearnSecurity: eCIR (complete), eLearnSecurity: eCTHPv2 (report: awaiting results), eLearnSecurity: eCPTXv2 (Late-Nov)
  • L0gicB0mb508L0gicB0mb508 Member Posts: 538

I use it all the time when I'm doing analysis. It's definitely helpful when you are dealing with email incidents.
    I bring nothing useful to the table...
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas CISSP, GIAC x5, CompTIA x5 Greenville, SC USAMember Posts: 5,735 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I use it all the time when I'm doing analysis. It's definitely helpful when you are dealing with email incidents.

Yeah, I thought I would pass it along since I found the site fascinating. I plan to visit it more later on when I have more time.
    Currently working on: Linux and Python
  • L0gicB0mb508L0gicB0mb508 Member Posts: 538
    sweet. If you get a chance to look at some email logs from your company or something, do a little double checking with some of the more suspicious emails. You can use it to see if the host itself is a know spammer, or if there are known spammers in the neighborhood. That's just one example of what you can do there. It can get a little time consuming, but its kinda fun.
    I bring nothing useful to the table...