Options

Net+ Exam Question

ForensickForensick Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys, I'm new to this site and I am getting ready to take the Net+ test soon. My question to the people on this site that have passed this test is this: What is the best way to go about passing this test and what is the best way to really study for it? Any help and suggestions will be very welcomed and I'm looking forward to being a member of this forum and site.

Comments

• Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    I used Network+ All-in-One Certification Exam Guide, 2nd Edition:

http://www.bookpool.com/.x/a9wz8xowb1/sm/0072131640 &

Network+ Transcenders:

http://www.transcender.com/products/ProductList.aspx?vendor=CompTIA&cert=Network%2B

That's ALL you need, I only took 2 weeks to prep for this one! icon_wink.gif

All the best with your exam!
  • Options
    viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    There's not much to this exam. It' one of the easiest exams you can take. Become good friends with the OSI Model and common port numbers. icon_wink.gif
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • Options
    Awesome! Thanks for the help guys.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Don't forget the sweet Technotes by Webmaster. I recco the Special Edition, it's worth the $7 asked, probably more.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Ricka182 wrote:
    Don't forget the sweet Technotes by Webmaster. I recco the Special Edition, it's worth the $7 asked, probably more.

Never I have I seen better Technotes than I have here for the Network+ exam. You don't even need a book. Any agree/dissagree?
  • Options
    mikedeekmikedeek Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    I just downloaded the techexams notes and it does a hell of a better job of breaking stuff down, compared to the net+ book I got from Sybex. Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions guys.
  • Options
    mikedeekmikedeek Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i had the exam cram 2 book.....very solid w/ the tech notes...more then enough information for the exam
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used Exam Cram 2, SE Technotes, and Transcender. I was more than prepared for the exam when I took it.
  • Options
    GawdGawd Member Posts: 132
    I went through the Sybex Net+ book, took the exam and failed it. Gonna try again on friday after really going through the technotes on this site. :D

Gawd
  • Options
    lancebukkakelancebukkake Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    garv221 wrote:
    Never I have I seen better Technotes than I have here for the Network+ exam. You don't even need a book. Any agree/dissagree?
    I agree....im currently studying for my Network+ exam and the Technotes from this site are outstanding, i printed them out and read them every day
  • Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    D-boy wrote:
    I used Network+ All-in-One Certification Exam Guide, 2nd Edition:

http://www.bookpool.com/.x/a9wz8xowb1/sm/0072131640 &

Network+ Transcenders:

http://www.transcender.com/products/ProductList.aspx?vendor=CompTIA&cert=Network%2B

That's ALL you need, I only took 2 weeks to prep for this one! icon_wink.gif

All the best with your exam!

opps! icon_redface.gif And I used the Technotes from this site which I also read at work everyday, I love PDF's icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    Sulblk27Sulblk27 Member Posts: 148
    Taking the test next friday- using Technotes- Special edition, Exam Insight-TCat , and exam cram 2- plus my greed for information has me scanning three other books for fillers icon_redface.gif
    Someone asked me when will my studying be over......
  • Options
    skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have the All in one, and even though it goes way above and beyond the exam, I think it gives you a good foundation.

I'll probably take the exam in Jan or Feb when some of the MS stuff is out of the way.

The tech notes here are very nice.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The most important thing about studying for ANY exam is to not rely solely on any one source of study material. Saying that I do feel confident I would have passed Net+ easily if I just used the TechNotes from this site.
    Reviewing many publications over the past few years I think a very good combination would be Mike Meyers All In One accompanied by the TechNotes from here. Although Meyers has a bit of non essential 'fluff' in both his A+ and Net+ books that extra information can be very helpful with aiding you to understand some concepts and also to help prepare you for the real world of networking.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    bighuskerbighusker Member Posts: 147
    Quite honestly, you could pass the current Net+ exam by just studying the technotes on this site for a couple of days. I studied for about 2 weeks before I took it because I thought it would at least be somewhat challenging, but it was a complete waste of time. I got like a 912 and finished in about 10 minutes.