Options

New Cert Agony

I am currently working on a sharepoint project at work and really enjoying working with sharepoint and thought it be a good idea to add a cert for this (MCTS Sharepoint 2007)onto my resume, but my company wont spend money to buy sharepoint 2007 (currently using wss3) and so i am stuck, feeling really pissed at the moment.

Sorry just wanted to vent my frustration.

Comments

• Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    billybob01 wrote: »
    I am currently working on a sharepoint project at work and really enjoying working with sharepoint and thought it be a good idea to add a cert for this (MCTS Sharepoint 2007)onto my resume, but my company wont spend money to buy sharepoint 2007 (currently using wss3) and so i am stuck, feeling really pissed at the moment.

Sorry just wanted to vent my frustration.

That sucks. Are you willing to finance it out of pocket?
  • Options
    apena7apena7 Member Posts: 351
    Are there any 30-day evaluation copies available to supplement your studies?
    Usus magister est optimus
  • Options
    GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    There is a sharepoint eval and a sharepoint designer eval as well. About 6 mths i go that's what i was using in testing.
  • Options
    billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
    Financing is out of the question, but if i had the money i would. Will look for the eval edition i guess. Calmed down now
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    if you have a few hundred dollars you can get MOSS with a TECHNET subscription, as well as copies of every other MS product.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I did mine with eval copies. Don't forget there is also a WSS version of the cert as well. I would say a good 80% of the exam could be covered by WSS any way.

@GAngel - SPDesigner is now free. So no need for an eval on that.