Options

frame relay

newman555newman555 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi!

Is there any other reason for using static mapping in FR expect for the one where Inverse ARP is not supported?
Are dynamic and static mapping interchangeable in any other situation or did I miss something important about frame relay? :) Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    newman555 wrote: »
    Hi!

Is there any other reason for using static mapping in FR expect for the one where Inverse ARP is not supported?
    Are dynamic and static mapping interchangeable in any other situation or did I miss something important about frame relay? :) Thank you!

Static mapping is important. I would not rely on inverse-arp. It is not always reliable. So you want to statically map the IP addresses to your DLCI if that is what you are referring to.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    newman555 wrote: »
    If you don't have a full mesh network and aren't running just point-to-point links, the spoke routers could still need static maps to find each other.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Saratoga ScottSaratoga Scott Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Static mapping is important. I would not rely on inverse-arp. It is not always reliable. So you want to statically map the IP addresses to your DLCI if that is what you are referring to.

So how did you do? BSCI?