Options

Routing, I'm missing something..

joe48184joe48184 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
Howdy Folks,
I "thought" I had an Ah ha, I got it! moment when I was able to replicate the network on page 440 of Wenndall Odams ICND 1 book with out reading past that page ( I have sence). I mean I have all the static routs working, but I'm sure I'm missing something on a simpler scale.. The clients can't ping the other clients in the diagram. All the routers can ping each other fine and also ping each others Fa0/0 interfaces. but the client piece has got me stumped. The clients can ping their routers but not beyond that.

I "thought" if you were directly connected to a device that has a route to another device, you could reach that also.

thanks.

Comments

• Options
    ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    Are the clients' default gateways pointing to the routers? Do you have static routes at both ends (and in the middle) providing a way back to the LANs?
  • Options
    joe48184joe48184 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I was just about to edit my post and seen the reply.. I was walking downstairs to get another cup of coffie and it hit me that I don't have a default gateway setup. Yes, I have routs going to and from all the routers. I had also checked the mac address tables and the switch had nothing from the client..

However, yes.. going to specify the default gateway.

Edit*
    That was it, the default gateway.. As soon as I specified it all was good.

Thanks Colby for the lightning fast response.