Options

survey: CCNA and SubSpeciality

lmxlmx Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
Which is fisrt Choice for CCNA SECURITY,WIRELESS Or VOICE?

Thank s A LOT for Yours Cooperations

Comments

• Options
    mikem2temikem2te Member Posts: 407
    lmx wrote: »
    Which is fisrt Choice for CCNA SECURITY,WIRELESS Or VOICE?

Thank s A LOT for Yours Cooperations
    Voice first for me as I have installed a few voice switches in the past and I have an interest in that type of thing. Oh, and to save money on calls by using a bit of least cost routing. Expensive equipement wise for labs.

Security second. Fills in loads of holes from the CCNA and is of real benefit for career oportunities IMO. Also from what I have seen a few of the topics lead nicely into some CCNP topics eg layer 2 security, vlans etc. Cheap to lab as long as you have a router capable of running IOS 12.4(9)T.

Wireless third if I get around to it. Expensive to lab, lots of theory (boring) from what I understand.

I think most people go for security first followed by voice.
    Blog : http://www.caerffili.co.uk/

Previous : Passed Configuring Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (70-630)
    Currently : EIGRP & OSPF
    Next : CCNP Route
  • Options
    GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You do what's relevant to your job. There is no right answer.
  • Options
    hexemhexem Member Posts: 177
    My next choice is securty, simply because it intrests me and that's the area of work id like to get into.
    ICND1 - Passed 25/01/10
    ICND2 - Passed 9/03/10

Studying CCNA:S
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    CCNA:Security takes the least amount of hardware (2 routers with 12.4(9)T and a switch) -- and is probably the "easiest" of the three.

CCNA:Voice and Wireless require more expensive hardware.

By the time you figure out what hardware you need for CCNA:Voice and/or Wireless, you could already be have finished the CCNA:Security. :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    ToddBToddB Member Posts: 149
    Voice, Ive been in the voice world for about 26 years now, last year I passed all the certs for Nortel, now avaya bought them. I decieded to jump on the Cisco train with a goal of CCVP by 2011, I hope they don't go under. Voice is crazy these days!!!!!
    :thumbup:

Phil 4:6 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."