Options

Exam Qs on features which have changed since RTM

GrayhenTorGrayhenTor Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just wondering ...
I'm going through the Exchange 2007 Training Kit which was clearly written in RTM days and a few things have changed since then
e.g back then you could only access Public Folders in OWA if you had an E2K(3) server in your Org ... but, since SP-whatever, that's not true anymore.

Has anyone faced a situation in any MS exam where they weren't sure whether to give the real world answer or stick to outdated info... or do MS take care to remove any such questions from exams when features change..?

Comments

• Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    The official MS Training Kits state several times that the exam was written against the RTM features so you need to know how to do things in the RTM version. I can recall only one question in the 2007 EMA series where the answer would have changed depending on if you were running SP1 or RTM.

My advice in any Microsoft exam is to assume an RTM version unless MS specifically states the SP version in the question. One example would be requirements around OS service packs for prerequisites.
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    This unfortunately happens quite a bit with MS exams (and likely other vendors as well)

When I took 647, I had to put myself into Hyper-V version 1 mode instead of Hyper-V R2.
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    It's too expensive for them to bring in SMEs to re-do the questions and go through a full beta-item cycle and IS/SS review after every Service Pack or significant change. Just to redo the Exchange 2007 exams for the things added in SP1 alone would have run way into the tens of thousands of dollars. They do add the occasional new question, or drop questions (during the annual review of the exams psychometrics, etc) but they don't undertake a major review with each new change to the product. Like Claymoore said, assume RTM unless you're specifically told otherwise.