Options

GSN3 and windows

sweetness0099sweetness0099 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I am studying for the ICND2 exam and I am "trying" to use the GSN3 simulators to study with. Does anyone have this simulator installed on a Windows device? I have it installed on my Ubuntu laptop and it works great but I wanted to install it on a Windows system so I can try it out at work.

Anyone have any issues with installing this on Windows?

TIA

Comments

• Options
    hexemhexem Member Posts: 177
    Iv'e installed it under windows, download the gns3 self-installation and it will install dynamip's and everything else you need, it's pain free, however i did have a problem with my config's not being saved (you need an uncompressed image) otherwise you have to save as a new project everytime, you can find the tool to do that in there download section.
    ICND1 - Passed 25/01/10
    ICND2 - Passed 9/03/10

Studying CCNA:S
  • Options
    sweetness0099sweetness0099 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you..I will try again 2moro!
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    All i have ever ran GNS3 on was with Windows, never had an issue with 3 different laptops, dell, HP, Dell Studio XPS.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    I have installed GNS3 on three different windows machine, it works great. I've installed it on my Ubuntu machine as well.
  • Options
    mella060mella060 Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yep, works like a charm on Windows 7. No real issues to speak of
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Runs great on both my machines

i3-530 @ 4GHz w/ Win7
    HP 6730 2.26GHz Core 2 Duo Laptop w/ Win7