Options

Another new guys here

carnagelancarnagelan Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All

Well, I am from south africa and 26 years old. I have NO certifications behind my name. When I left school I started working at a company that imports and does sales of CCTV equipment. I never new anything about computers when i started and blew up about 5 in the process of learning.

I started building PC based servelance recorders. My boss was a genius in IT and he showed and tought me a bit of VB. This was when vb6 was still out. Every saturday i went to the libruary to get books on Software devlopment and self taught myself. A week after working at this company my boss showed me linux and i really started loving it and the open source stuff. So i started learning linux.

For four years of my employment there building and supporting pc based DVR's, I got another job offer working at a linux company doing network admin, My linux skills started growing and i resigned.

Im now working at another company doing software developing and repairing electronics.

I am now fed up and tired of writing software. I don't have any certifications but would like to do my A+ and net+ to get started as my salory is much lower than what my skills are.

So end of February im going to go and get a book on CompTIAs A+ and read through it then write y exam the end of march and start on my Net+

Been reading through this forum for the past week and just eventually signed up, Its really useful:) thanks guys/guls
Current Certs: None Yet:(
Want to achieve in 2014: A+, Net+

Comments

• Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Welcome to the forums!

Sounds like you have the work ethic and so obtaining your certs shouldn't be a problem, especially the compTIA certs, you'll breeze through those.

Anyway good luck and remember to ask alot of questions.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Welcome, and cool story! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
    Its a Big welcome from me too.....
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Welcome to the TechExams.net forums! icon_cool.gif

Good Luck with your studies icon_study.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    Welcome to TE! icon_cheers.gif

There are a whole bunch of helpful people here, don't be afraid to ask questions.
  • Options
    carnagelancarnagelan Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for all the Welcomes:)

I would really love to become a full on Network architecture, desigining and maintaing large networks and security. I'm going to be starting with the NET+ exam, and don't know where to go from there.

I don't think im going to be doing my a+ first as that i'll do sometime down the line. Aftert my N+ i don't know which route to go as i am not clued up on the cisco products at all.

some advise would be appreciated
    Current Certs: None Yet:(
    Want to achieve in 2014: A+, Net+