Options

83-640 today...

First lab worked fine. Second lab wouldn't launch. Sat in the waiting room for about 40 mins while the receptionist communicated with the helpdesk who's answer was that they cant fix the problem and i need to reschedule. Its more frustrating than anything else.

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thats a bummer mate.

This exam has died on more than a few people, so you are certainly not the first. It sure is frustrating, you go in ready for anything thrown at ya, you are in exam mode, have Red Bull coursing through your veins, and are ready to blow it out the water and the darn exam has a fit, conks out and doesnt come back up.

Hope you have better luck next time. Go to a different exam centre, I'd say.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I consider myself lucky, took the test today, first lab was smooth, second one sat there varying between loading and unable to load (switching between CHI1 and CHI2 did nothing). Cold booted that machine, tried another, same thing. Cold boot that and went back to the original machine, and it went right in. Phew~
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
  • Options
    alokin123alokin123 Member Posts: 268
    i was hoping that would happen. We tried every pc in the test room, rebooting and all of the rest of it and no luck.
    So did you pass? Or do you not find out straight away with this exam?
  • Options
    I got an 833.. I think the sims were responsible for the good mark too, there were about 6-7 steps on each, and I'm 99% sure I nailed em all (one time in each, I had to use the help, but hey, it's available in there, and it's there for real world stuff too lol)
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    I actually remember MS Learning saying one time that they are perfeclty ok with people using Help because its support to reflect a real world scenario. They give you a set amount of time to accomplish the tasks so if you can look at Help and still do it in the time given, they assume you are competant to function in the real world.

Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    I actually remember MS Learning saying one time that they are perfeclty ok with people using Help because its support to reflect a real world scenario. They give you a set amount of time to accomplish the tasks so if you can look at Help and still do it in the time given, they assume you are competant to function in the real world.

Congrats on the pass!

Thanks!

There was an hour per lab, which is enough time to look up all the items in Help, if you were so inclined.. it really did seem like a lot of time.. I felt like I was being shifty, but looking for one particular check box somehow defeated me, and when I went where Help told me it was, I was positive I'd been there before lol.. icon_redface.gif
  • Options
    alokin123alokin123 Member Posts: 268
    well i sat this again today and after a scare with the first lab not loading it eventually worked on the 3rd PC i tried. Ended up getting 900. Its a pity you don't get a score break down with this exam.

I used the Transcender exam for this and the virtual lab section they have is very similar to the real thing. Also used Testout and CBTNuggets. The notes and exercises from Testout were great but the videos were not very good.

Now i am an SA. If things go well i will go for the EA exam in the next few weeks.
  • Options
    Congrats!!

646 next for me, then I'll join you in the SA club.. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    malunamaluna Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello,

83-640 will be my first microsoft certification.
    I am actually studying for the the exam 83-640 and using only 70-640 Training Kit and Vmware with Windows 2008 Servers installed. Is it enough ? What materials are you 83-640 using ?

cheers,