Options

GeForce FX5200 by MSI

redbull2689redbull2689 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have had it with my computer. I found the last problem out, (about the tv tuner)...same irq was being used by graphics card. So now i have changed from an ati to a geforce mx5200 128MB. I installed it into my agp slot, and I have no video at all. The screen stays blank whenever I boot it up. If I cant fix this problem, I think I'm going to take the stupid machine back. Luncbox PC's suck!
Custom Builder
Computer Reseller
Texas Light and Sound

Comments

• Options
    bighuskerbighusker Member Posts: 147
    Do you hear any POST beeps? Did you make sure the video card is in all the way?
  • Options
    No Post, nothing. I reseated it twice too.
    Custom Builder
    Computer Reseller
    Texas Light and Sound
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Not familiar with that AGP card, but interested in the voltage. My nephew put a new generation AGP card in his older machine and it would not arc up at all as is required higher voltage than his old MoBo supplied.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    The computer is 2 months and about 8 days old. I dont see why the voltage would change, but I will check now. Anything else you can think of please help.

** I just checked, and my card is agp 8x, the mb supports 4x according to msi's specs on their website. I think that is the problem. Am i correct??
    Custom Builder
    Computer Reseller
    Texas Light and Sound
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Try clearing CMOS jumper and see if you get a picture. This same thing has happened to me and the results:

1. Cleared CMOS jumper and booted ... it worked.

2. Shorted out the MOBO and screwed the whole machine (Used an ESD wrist strap ever since) icon_lol.gif . Try switching out the card to make sure that's not the problem.
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TeKniques - good technique dood icon_wink.gif

redbull2689 - I was thinking if it was a much older machine. Definitely try arcing it up with the old AGP card installed and without the TV card.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007